PDA

View Full Version : zig zag eel

predatorfan
12-11-2008, 01:31 AM
Yesterday my wife brought home a Zig Zag Eel I am very excited and proud new owner but not prepared, for a very short time it will be in a 10gal. tank it is about 9 cm long and spent the first two days burried underneath the gravel substrate that is in there. I made some temporary caves cutting a plastic cup in half and sticking them in the gravel. (The tank i am getting ready now will have silica sand as a substrate.) Does anyone know what would be best to feed an eel this size im thinking frozen bloodworms it is kind of hard to find earthworms in december in the praries. so far i have been leaving the lights off but think i will start turning them on soon to start getting it used to the light. any tips would be greatly appreciated

Keri
12-11-2008, 02:24 AM
He'll probably enjoy the bloodworms :) You could try frozen "beefheart plus" as well (your LFS should be able to get it in for you, it's made by san francisco bay brand) but you might have to chop it up a little for him if he's that small.

predatorfan
12-12-2008, 12:28 AM
Can someone clarify for me ive seen websites that said zig zags grow to about 7-8 inches then ive seen that they can grow to 36 inches there is a big difference there.

tgoeujon
12-12-2008, 01:19 AM
mines about 13"