PDA

View Full Version : Koralia Sureflow mod...

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Wow, this prop makes the K4 powerful! Just wondering if many people have used the sureflow kit made for the maxijets with the koralias? I have used it with both the maxi jets and now Koralia and I would say its much nicer with the koralia.

i have crabs
12-10-2008, 03:28 AM
didnt know you could, might have to try it though. any special instructions?

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 04:01 AM
You have to take the magnet and prop off the rod from the sureflow mod kit prop and put it back onto the original rod from the koralia (the Koralia one is longer). Thats it. Very simple and well worth it. It puts out just as much flow as the maxi jet but its not as much in a straight line...a lot nicer I think.

reeferious
12-10-2008, 04:29 AM
didn't know kit exist. where do i buy it from and cost?

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 04:35 AM
didn't know kit exist. where do i buy it from and cost?

Its the maxijet sureflow kit. I get mine from J&L for around $16 I think. Should be on the site.

They are obviously made as a maxijet mod but work with the Koralias as well. They up the maxijet 1200 to 1600 GPH and I would say about the same for the Koralia 4. I just don't hear of too many people doing this with the koralia's so I was wondering who else is.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 04:36 AM
Nevermind...$23. I think the price went up.

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=wp-mpsf1600

Trigger Man
12-10-2008, 06:27 PM
doesn't the surflow kit come with a second white prop to increase the flow to over 2000 gph on the maxijet 1200? Are you using that prop? Does the koralia rod fit into the surflow magnet or did you have to glue anything?

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
doesn't the surflow kit come with a second white prop to increase the flow to over 2000 gph on the maxijet 1200? Are you using that prop? Does the koralia rod fit into the surflow magnet or did you have to glue anything?

Yes it fits and I am only using the black prop...I am scared to try the white! LOL.

Trigger Man
12-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Yes it fits and I am only using the black prop...I am scared to try the white! LOL.

good to know, how long have you had to mod running for?

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 06:45 PM
good to know, how long have you had to mod running for?

Two months. I just remembered the other day that I had done the mod and wanted to see if other have. Doesn't seem like many though.

Trigger Man
12-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I think now that you have shown the rest of us the light more will do it. I know I'm going to do it on atleast a couple of my K4's, I just figure I should wait till boxing week to see if the mods go on sale.

i have crabs
12-10-2008, 06:51 PM
i couldin make it spin the right way since the k4 prop is shaped the opposite direction than the shure flow props
it fit and turned on fine but seemed a bit louder but mabey cause i couldnt get it to work properly

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 06:53 PM
i couldin make it spin the right way since the k4 prop is shaped the opposite direction than the shure flow props
it fit and turned on fine but seemed a bit louder but mabey cause i couldnt get it to work properly

Once in a while mine will spin the wrong way after I shut it off and turn it on. But all I have to do is unplug it and then plug it back in. Works everytime. You can also try turning the prop one "click" the way you want it to spin and that sometimes works. I have no issues with mine. Very quiet too. No different than the original prop.

I will get video of mine. And what it does if I keep it near the surface :D

Trigger Man
12-10-2008, 07:32 PM
Good to know, as I have my k4's on a wavemaker system switching them on and off I guess this mod would not work well on my system, as the blades would sometimes spin right but not all the time.

I have Crabs- when it was louder was it noticably louder, as well when spinning in the oppposite direction was the flow diminished?

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Good to know, as I have my k4's on a wavemaker system switching them on and off I guess this mod would not work well on my system, as the blades would sometimes spin right but not all the time.

I have Crabs- when it was louder was it noticably louder, as well when spinning in the oppposite direction was the flow diminished?

Yeah I wouldn't do this with a wavemaker. Sorry I should have said that.

When mine spin wrong they suck everything back into them and flow comes ouyt the back. No flow forward. No noise either though. I have to actually look to see if they are spinning backwards or not.

i have crabs
12-10-2008, 11:18 PM
i tried the plug trick and turning the propeller when i was doin it and it would turn the same way every time, the noise was louder than i would put up with but not horrible, im shure it could be better if i fooled around more than i did.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-12-2008, 03:39 AM
i tried the plug trick and turning the propeller when i was doin it and it would turn the same way every time, the noise was louder than i would put up with but not horrible, im shure it could be better if i fooled around more than i did.

Don't know what to say...I just tried another mod kit with the K3 and it works fine. No noise and always spins the right way. Your replacing the magnet too right? Not just the prop?

With the K3 the prop just fits in the casing and is pretty awesome how much flow a little K3 puts out now!

i have crabs
12-12-2008, 01:02 PM
yep shureflow magnet and prop on the k4 rod, fits in no problem just could not get it to go the right direction, tried it in a k2 but the prop hits the front just i kittle so i never pluged it in, i do have a few k4's so mabey ill try a different one