PDA

View Full Version : LF-Nano fish

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 01:27 AM
Anyone seen or have any of these for sale:

Red Striped Goby - Trimma cana
Catalina Goby - Lythrypnus dalli (coldwater so I don't know if this is possible)
Blackray Shrimp Goby - Stonogobiops nematodes
Pearly Jawfish - Opistognathus aurifrons

And these ones will be hard to find but I really hope to find one of each...

Swissgaurd Basslet - Liopropoma rubre
Helfrichi Firefish - Nemateleotris helfrichi

Those are just some of the specific species I am looking for. Not necessarily all of them and I am open to other similar species.

I really, really would like to find the Swissgaurd Basslet though!

ElGuappo
12-10-2008, 03:27 AM
Man those swissguard bass are nice i hope you can find one. i know thier not cheap like 150. maybe thats american dollars aswell. i see pearly jawfish ALL the time at local LFS. and i believe fishytime may have the trimma canna going up for sale soon. not sure if its that ?candy cane goby"

Funy looks like you have been using the same american LFS site to look at fish i do,as these were all my favs from about 2 seperate pages. :mrgreen:

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 04:43 AM
Man those swissguard bass are nice i hope you can find one. i know thier not cheap like 150. maybe thats american dollars aswell. i see pearly jawfish ALL the time at local LFS. and i believe fishytime may have the trimma canna going up for sale soon. not sure if its that ?candy cane goby"

Funy looks like you have been using the same american LFS site to look at fish i do,as these were all my favs from about 2 seperate pages. :mrgreen:

Yeah I bet its the same site! I LOVE their stuff and wish I could order from them. Man they would get so much business from me...actually they used to when I lived down there. They have the absolutely best customer service of anywhere I have ever shopped for this hobby and their shipping is second to none. Not to mention the fish are mostly all QT'd and healthy. They also ship in box sizes based on the price of the fish and not the size. I bet that $150 bass would get a decent sized box.

I am looking for all kinds of "nano" fish for my bigger reef tank. I hope to keep around 20 or so small fish instead of any big ones. Well except my yellow tang.

I am definitely willing to pay $150 for that basslet though.

tang daddy
12-10-2008, 05:25 AM
perly jawfish, think I saw some at oa

hk030405
12-10-2008, 05:36 AM
saw a swissguard basslet yesterday at J&L :P

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 05:41 AM

Seriously? I was there yesterday too and never saw it! Where was it and do you know how much?

I would have thought it would be on the New and Noteworthy page :D

Actually the site says they would be $79 which is a really good price.

Keri
12-10-2008, 05:48 AM
Oceanic has trimma gobies :)

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 05:51 AM
Oceanic has trimma gobies :)

Thanks. Does he have them now? On his site there is nothing under gobies.

hk030405
12-10-2008, 05:52 AM
i saw it in one of the "wrasse" zone tanks. Dont know if you paid attention to the candycane wrasse, but the swissguard basslet was in the tank right next to it i think.

Keri
12-10-2008, 05:54 AM

it's with the damsels

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 05:59 AM
it's with the damsels

Ahhh, ok. I will take a look. Thanks!

Keri
12-10-2008, 06:01 AM
np :)

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Anyone know if the Trimma Gobies will get along in groups? I guess in the tank, they may not see each other that often anyways. Its a 6'x19"x19" tank.

What do you think?

I was hoping to add three of them...maybe even more. I can't find any info on the web about whether or not they get along with each other or other gobies for that matter. I guess most people keep them in nano tanks singly.

justinl
12-10-2008, 06:15 AM
if you can hold out for a while, I find that J&L actually gets helfrichs somewhat regularly.

I have to discourage you from the catalina goby. as you know it is a temperate fish; it usually does not survive more than a month in a warm water tank. (hey look at that, another excuse to set up a CW tank... :D)

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 06:25 AM
if you can hold out for a while, I find that J&L actually gets helfrichs somewhat regularly.

I have to discourage you from the catalina goby. as you know it is a temperate fish; it usually does not survive more than a month in a warm water tank. (hey look at that, another excuse to set up a CW tank... :D)

Yeah...I am still trying to resist the cold water tank! You just have to keep bringing it up huh :lol:

I figured it was a bad idea and will stay away.

Is there a general rule with keeping small gobies together? They all seem so passive and friendly but I bet they do get territorial. So far I only have one goby, a tiny Clown Goby which I have only seen once since adding him to the tank. I guess thats why they are "nano" fish! Then at least you see them once in a while. I figure though if I get enough I will see at least one a day :D

OceanicCorals-Ian-
12-10-2008, 03:41 PM

I am not sure why I had the Trimma Gobies in the Damsel section :drinking: I beleive I have the striped Trimmas as well for the same price. FIXED!

Ian

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I am not sure why I had the Trimma Gobies in the Damsel section :drinking: I beleive I have the striped Trimmas as well for the same price. FIXED!

Ian

Thanks Ian. I sent you a PM.

OceanicCorals-Ian-
12-10-2008, 05:12 PM

I think I may still have a Yellow Tail Basslet available. These are really nice fish and not very common. These fish are also called a Sunset Basslet.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I think I may still have a Yellow Tail Basslet available. These are really nice fish and not very common. These fish are also called a Sunset Basslet.

Ok I will take a look. Thanks!