PDA

View Full Version : hole in the head disease

rocknroll
12-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Anyone have any suggestions to treating hole in the head disease (I think it's also called lateral line erosion)? I picked up a tank from a guy who had neglected it and it came with a maroon clown, percula clown and yellow tang that are all suffering from it. The yellow tang is pretty bad but the 2 clowns aren't that bad. I've had the tank for about a month and they seem to be doing ok - is there anything particular I should be treating with. Also, just noticed this morning on the end of one of the maroon's cheek spines it is whitish - looks slimy - could this be ick? Thanks.

Steve

tang daddy
12-09-2008, 09:21 PM
hole in the head and lateral line is 2 different diseases....

you can try to feed them better food so they get healthier unfortunately once they have erosion to the body and head it's very hard to remove sort of like a scar.

ron101
12-09-2008, 10:13 PM
I would say try feeding them lots of nori (you can also soak it in a nutritional supplement like Selcon) and maybe a quality protein source (not brine shrimp).

BTW this should moved to Marine Fish.

rocknroll
12-09-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks - yeah, I set this up in the wrong spot. Not sure how to move this thread, so I setup a new one under marine fish at:
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47303

dstasiuk
12-10-2008, 04:19 AM
I've got that too - became visible when I decided to set up a reef tank:wink: