PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP PLEASE !- Droopy Anthelia update

Trabby
12-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Okay, my anthelia went from looking bad to looking better , all but a few stalks , now it is dying. There are also some green striped mushrooms on the same rock. One of the mushrooms is stretching its foot towards the anthelia, the anthelia is shrivelled whitish brown and kinda skanky looking. Is the mushroom killing the anthelia??? OK so heres the issue what is the best way to remove the dying parts of the anthelia from the rock? I would say aprox 50% is needing to be removed. But I need to figure this out fast as I have only a small tank and I am worried about poisioning the water.

rocketlily
12-08-2008, 08:53 PM
When I try to remove Anthelia, I pull the rock out of the water, pull it off with tweezers (be prepared for the smell), try to pick off any remaining parts with the tweezers then scrub the rock with a toothbrush.

Usually doesn't work as the Anthelia grows back twice as thick. If your mushrooms are really killing the Anthelia, I'd like to buy some off you.

kipsix
12-09-2008, 06:04 AM
I'd check your water too. I'd be surprised if your mushroom could kill it. Do you have any flow in your tank? Any light?

As much as i like my anthelia, I'm with Rocketlily - almost impossible to kill.