PDA

View Full Version : GSP frag for sale.

Canadian Man
05-09-2003, 02:07 AM
I have a frag of bright green star polyps. Go to my website to see a pic of the main colony. I have to make some room for some of my new coral accusitions so I need to get rid of this frag.

It's about the size of 2 to 3 loonies. $10.00.
Mod's I posted this in calgary only because I don't want to ship this coral

reefphish
05-09-2003, 03:37 AM
Hey Jon, Id love to buy them. Got a brand new tank looking for interesting stuff. Let me know when I can pick them up.

cheers,

John

PS do you have any calurepa?

Canadian Man
05-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Hey John,
If you can come over between 6:15pm and 7:30pm tommorow night then you can get it then. If not then I am quite busy on sat but sun night works for me too.

Delphinus
05-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Ok, looks like this comes a little late, so I'm not going to move the threads into the marketplace because it looks like a closed deal.

But I have to ask everyone to remember that the club forums are intended for CLUB business. Like, "when do we have our next meeting" and "does anyone want to participate in a group order with me." The Buy/Sell/Trade forum is for Buying, Selling, and Trading. There is no obligation for shipping. Plenty of people in Vancouver area sell stuff in there, and they say "Sorry no shipping."

I'm sorry to go off into a rant here, but I take a lot of heat from the other moderators about letting off topic stuff go on in here, like questions that belong in the reefing forum, and marketplace stuff, and so on. If you look at the post counts of the various forums, you'd think Calgary was a total hotbed of club business, and yet ... well we have to scrape together our "sort of monthly meetings" and we haven't formalized ANYthing in the ways of a club. Why do we deserve a club forum if we aren't willing to actually form a club?

Please try to use the marketplace forum from now on for items you wish to trade, sell, or buy. Thank you for your understanding ...

AJ_77
05-09-2003, 04:38 PM
Tony, are you saying that we're being "cliquey?" If we just want to "talk amongst ourselves" once in a while (so to speak), why is that a problem?

Should we have a "Lounge" within the Calgary area?? I can see why the reef-related questions should be on the open forum, because they can contribute to and gain from the wider knowledge base. But for local frag offerings, what do they contribute beyond this locality?

I don't get it. :confused: I understand your points, but we all know and have met each other, that's why we have the volume of posts, etc... because it's a local community among the wider community.

To say that the Calgary section is available only if we have intentions of forming a formal club is amazingly retentive. (I don't blame you, but if you're being hassled about it - wow...) It's been a great place to hang out when all you WANT is local input, for obvious reasons.

That's been one of the great attractions of this board. Heck, I don't even read the Vancouver forum - usually. Aren't the reasons obvious?

Delphinus
05-09-2003, 06:13 PM
Ok. I came on too strong, and I better apologize for that.

But let me ask this: how many people read THIS forum and NOT the marketplace forum as well? Frankly it seems everyone reads everything in every forum, and hey, that's cool, whatever. But if that's the case, then what harm is there in putting things you want to trade or sell or buy in the buy/sell/trade forum and appending something like "Sorry I am not looking to ship at this time.." ? All I'm saying is, please don't feel you can't post in the buy/sell/trade forum even if you're not interested in shipping and are only looking for local homes. At least if we do that, then people who are looking for frags know where to look for them.

It's not a real huge issue now, but as the board grows, and the number of posts accumulate, it does become a bit a nuisance when you are trying to search through old posts looking for something in particular, and it happens to be in a forum you don't really expect it to be in... say for example some DIY idea, so you look for the posts in the DIY section but hey the threads were in fact in the Nano tank section, or something like that. Gets confusing.

If frags and corals belong in their own category that exempts them from a buy/sell/trade kind of idea ..... then I guess my comments are baseless. Sorry, please disregard my earlier comments.

Thanks for your thoughts.

PS. Sorry about the club rant thing. I was out of line. I think it's obvious I'm not impartial, I want to see a formal club get formed, with regular meetings on the same day every month, and that sort of thing. So, sorry that I got all whiney about it. :redface: I need to learn to shut up more often.

Canadian Man
05-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Makes sense to me Tony!
I will post in buy/sell/trade from now on. :biggrin:

Your bantering is not useless :razz:

AJ_77
05-09-2003, 06:33 PM
I agree with Jon - Tony's rambling is almost always helpful, :wink: and very valuable indeed. If I am coming at it from the other side, it's because a formal club is one more formality that seems unworkable.

I'm a rebel, I guess. No need to apologize Tony, you are doing the (thankless) job of a moderator. If we ever do get a club, I will support it and you whole-heartedly.

Cheers, and thanks,

Quinn
05-09-2003, 06:36 PM
i find myself reading basically every post that happens, since the 10 most recent are listed on the front page, and i visit a few times a day.

i would also like to see a formal club, but it doesn't look like enough people are interested. it would at least be nice to have a meeting schedule lined up, and i know a few people would like to see more organized frag-trading going on.

AJ_77
05-09-2003, 06:56 PM
teevee - I guess you'd have to officially pick Calgary as your favourite city then?

:biggrin:

(BTW - SPS are the "most desired corals" only among those who prefer SPS...)

Quinn
05-09-2003, 07:09 PM
of course, love calgary.

you're right about the SPS thing, so i edited it out. although it seems like SPS are fairly popular around here - also zoos.

Bob I
05-10-2003, 01:44 AM
PS. Sorry about the club rant thing. I was out of line. I think it's obvious I'm not impartial, I want to see a formal club get formed, with regular meetings on the same day every month, and that sort of thing. So, sorry that I got all whiney about it. :redface: I need to learn to shut up more often.

Just dreamed up a new word "anality" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BC_Grl
05-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Tony, can I join your club, too? :razz:

Buccaneer
05-10-2003, 05:02 AM
... well we have to scrape together our "sort of monthly meetings" and we haven't formalized ANYthing in the ways of a club. Why do we deserve a club forum if we aren't willing to actually form a club?

Tony ... I am fairly new here but so far have found a " comaraderie " ( not sure if that was spelled right but if it is not I am sure Bob will jump in and correct it for me :smile: ) among the Calgary Reefers that is certainly the beginnings of " Reef Club " ... I have had the priviledge to meet a few of you and it has been great ... I think that you are well on your way to creating the kind of atmosphere that will draw others in toward a common goal of superior Reef keeping here in Calgary ... I do believe the club forum is a START towards what you would ultimately like to see which is a formal Reef Club

btw ... is the next meeting at your place ? :razz: ... I know the way to get there now LOL

Cheers

Bob I
05-10-2003, 03:37 PM
Tony ... I am fairly new here but so far have found a " comaraderie " ( not sure if that was spelled right but if it is not I am sure Bob will jump in and correct it for me

No way, if your education did not stick, I am not about to try and undo that.
:BIG:

Buccaneer
05-10-2003, 04:21 PM
[quote]

No way, if your education did not stick, I am not about to try and undo that.
:BIG:

:biggrin: