PDA

View Full Version : Trigger and large angels

fishoholic
12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Has anyone kept a picaso trigger with large angels? Just wondering if it's possible or if the trigger would nip the angels to much.

Trigger Man
12-05-2008, 11:01 PM
When I did a Fowlr tank I had a picaso with many large angels with no problems. The picaso would swim at the back of the tank from side to side not bothering anyone. I even had it in my reef tank for a while but then I saw some nipping going on and therefore got rid of him. In the end I found that it was actually another fish that was nipping and I wish I still had my picaso. Like anything each individual will be different. The angels I had it in with were queen, emperor, majestic (blue girdled), koran and blue ring.

fishoholic
12-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Thank-you, it is a 230g FOWLR tank. I have a queen, emperor, blue ring and a blueface angel that will be going into the tank once it's done cycling. I will probably be adding the checkerboard wrasse I will be getting soon to this tank as well. I like triggers and I think a picaso would be nice to have.

Trigger Man
12-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Sounds like a nice combo of fishes, when buying a Picaso look at it in the lfs tank and make sure that it is not swimming around too aggressivly and nipping at fish in the tank. Your tank is almost twice as big as mine so it gives more swimming space, hopefully you find a calm Picaso.

fishoholic
12-06-2008, 02:42 AM
Sounds like a nice combo of fishes, when buying a Picaso look at it in the lfs tank and make sure that it is not swimming around too aggressivly and nipping at fish in the tank. Your tank is almost twice as big as mine so it gives more swimming space, hopefully you find a calm Picaso.

Thanks, and good idea on what to look for :biggrin:

tang daddy
12-06-2008, 06:19 AM
I have a picasso in my fowler with my angels and he's never touched them however he is 1/10 the size.