PDA

View Full Version : Problem Yellow Tang?

lx5litre
12-05-2008, 02:39 AM
I don't know if this is a problem or what is wrong, but my yellow tang has little black dots like specs of dust on him. I don't know if it is the stuff the shrimp will eat of of him. My shrimp won't ride him lol If anyone has an idea my nitrate is at 0 ph 8.2 and nitrite is 0. Pls help

mark
12-05-2008, 02:43 AM
Black Ich (http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/compldiagnodisease/a/aa041701.htm)

Trigger Man
12-05-2008, 02:45 AM
If you can get him out and treat him so that the black ick does not spread. Adding more garlic and vitamins to his diet tends to work for many people.

Aquattro
12-05-2008, 03:31 AM
The one time my YT had this, I used a FW dip, took care of it. I don't recall the details, but I'm sure you can find a link to the process.

Delphinus
12-05-2008, 04:11 AM
I had two yellow tangs over the years that came with this. FW baths (I think around 4 minutes - match the temperature of the tank water) took care of it.

Doesn't work on real ich - just black ich.

arnald
12-06-2008, 07:09 AM
fresh water dip him anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes and he should be alright after that. If it shows up again and it may maybe within a couple of days then you gotta put him in a hospital tank and possibly treat him with copper. I had the same problem and trust me it was stessing me out more than he was stessed out. By the way you better do it soon because if you don't he will probably start rubbing his skin off using the rocks like mine did. I cured mine right after that and he's been fine since that.