PDA

View Full Version : Niger Trigger, Blue Spotted Rabbitfish, Dogface Puffer

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-04-2008, 11:46 PM
Need to find homes for these guys. I prefer all of them go to 6' tanks. They are in one now and easily use the entire length of the tank. A 180 would be great. Even bigger for the Trigger would be good because he will get very, very big. Slow growing though.

Niger Trigger 6-7" $40
Dogface Puffer 5" or so $15
Blue Spotted Rabbitfish 5" $20

Five Lined Cardinal Fish Free with other fish

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/Digi035.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/Digi031.jpg

Vancouver only.

I also still have a 2" Undulated Trigger that will need a home. Needs to be housed all by himself in a 55G or bigger tank. Amazing fish with loads of personality but just doesn't play well with others.

tang daddy
12-05-2008, 12:13 AM
what size tank would the dogface need?

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-05-2008, 12:16 AM
what size tank would the dogface need?

Ummmm...Depends. I guess for now a 90 would work. Long term I would say a 120G. For me its more about water quality and a healthy home than actual size. As long as they are not cramped of course.

I want the Trigger to go to a 6' tank for sure. The Puffer would be fine in a bit smaller.

tang daddy
12-05-2008, 12:28 AM
I had a small one in my 90g he was doing fine... I would say it was about 3.5inches. The powerhead died and I put 2 stronger powerheads in there and took off the strainers cause the sand and debri would clog it very quickly. There was no way any fish could get stuck the opening was the size alittle less than 25cents unfortunately when I came home from work I saw the belly of the poor puffer against it he died the next day..... I feel so bad that I was stupid to think nothing would happen. I put gutter guard around it so there is no way any fish will succumd that painful way of death. I really love the puffers they have the most amazing personalities If you're willing to part with this one lemme know thanks.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-05-2008, 12:35 AM
I had a small one in my 90g he was doing fine... I would say it was about 3.5inches. The powerhead died and I put 2 stronger powerheads in there and took off the strainers cause the sand and debri would clog it very quickly. There was no way any fish could get stuck the opening was the size alittle less than 25cents unfortunately when I came home from work I saw the belly of the poor puffer against it he died the next day..... I feel so bad that I was stupid to think nothing would happen. I put gutter guard around it so there is no way any fish will succumd that painful way of death. I really love the puffers they have the most amazing personalities If you're willing to part with this one lemme know thanks.

Yeah you have to cover powerhead intakes around Puffers. Koralias are great for them though. Mine actually sleeps intop of a Koralia.

Yes as much as I don't want to part with him, I am going to. I know you would give him a good home too, so I would be happy to sell him to you. Let me know if you do want him.

tang daddy
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
pm sent thanks also what are you doing with the miniatus?

not that I have a big enough tank just corious

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-05-2008, 01:31 AM
pm sent thanks also what are you doing with the miniatus?

not that I have a big enough tank just corious

He is not actually a Miniatus but looks just like one. He will get even bigger than a miniatus. He reaches about 24". He already went to a 300G tank. So he is in great hands.

Right now I am most worried about finding the Trigger a suitable home. He is reef safe people! Never touched corals, hermits, snails. Only thing I never tried with him was clams. I doubt he would touch them but who knows. Its always a risk.

The Rabbitfish is great. Eats all algae, even started eating chaeto! I was shocked at that one. He is quite the pig.

As for the Undy, I have a 75G that will be available. So, if someone wants to work out a deal for the fish, tank and maybe even some LR, I am willing to talk about it. He wouldn't necessarily need a system with a sump since he is all alone. Or maybe with a few damsels. I was going to just keep him with LR and a Remora HOB skimmer maybe. Or no skimmer and water changes twice a month would probably work.

So if you want a species only 75G, PM me!

300g
12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
pls check pm !

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-05-2008, 08:52 PM
No one interested in the Trigger?

Open to trades too. I am more interested in a good home than how much I get in return for them. I think the prices were decent...

seanoman
12-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Thats a gorgeous trigger. Is it pretty peaceful with other tank mates or is it aggressive. Just curious. I have a 225 gallon tank, so I have the room for it. I just don't want it to pick on my juv. achilles.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-07-2008, 08:31 AM
Anyone interested in the trigger? I really need to find him a home asap or he will have to go to a store. I have nowhere to put him.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Trigger is spoken for.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the Trigger Justin. He seems to be adjusting to his new home in the fowlr. I'll keep you posted.:biggrin:

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-09-2008, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the Trigger Justin. He seems to be adjusting to his new home in the fowlr. I'll keep you posted.:biggrin:

Good to hear Anthony! Im sure he will be quite shy for a few days. Even when I just moved him around in my tanks, he hid for days under the rocks. Eventually he gets quite friendly though. Hopefully he will eat again soon...I have a feeling that will not be an issue though :D

Maybe I will drop by next week and see how hes doing. Glad he is in good hands.

my2rotties
12-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Can you do me a big favor and move to Southern Alberta please? You always have these wonderful fish for sale and I cannot come and buy them all. I have an almost empty 260g and want to have a few puffers since I have wanted one since I was a kid.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Justin,

The trigger was out last night & he ate some FD shrimp & some ON pellets. Nobody is picking on him & he seems to be getting along with the other fish.

Anthony

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Justin,

The trigger was out last night & he ate some FD shrimp & some ON pellets. Nobody is picking on him & he seems to be getting along with the other fish.

Anthony

Good to hear Anthony!

I doubt anyone will pick on him, he can hold his ground. I have also never seen him get aggressive unless another fish "starts it", so I think all will be well. I am just glad he went to an experienced fish keeper. I also know the tanks water quality is great since you have a few sps I think in the refugium if I remember correctly. Better water than most FOWLR's anyways.

Thanks again for giving him a good home!

Now I just need to find one for the Rabbit. He was having some breathing troubles for a day, so I held off on selling him to make sure he was ok. He is fine now and it turns out I had a bunch of die off on the LR when I moved tanks. He is better now but still needs QT for a week or so I think.

There was someone first in line for him but he has not PM'd me back in two days so I am going to say he is available still and needs a good home!