PDA

View Full Version : orange zoo's for trade

newgeek
05-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Hello everyone,
I have some small colonies of orange zoo's for trade (when I say small I mean about 6-8 heads, if heads is the correct terminology) they should be good to go in about a week if anyone is interested. I'm looking for anything colorful except mushrooms. Here is what they look like.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?siteid=22&pCatId=681
Have a great day,
Kelly

AJ_77
05-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Hello Kelly,

You've got a PM.

:biggrin:

Buccaneer
05-07-2003, 10:02 PM
Hey Kelly ... if you are interested in selling one I would be interested in getting one. ( nothing to trade " yet " )

Cheers

Jay26
05-08-2003, 03:04 AM
Hey Kelly, also if you are interested in selling one colony, id gladly take it off your hands. I also have nothing yet to trade. :biggrin:

Thanks Jason

Bob I
05-08-2003, 02:52 PM
I have bits of three or four different kinds of zoos available. I would much prefer to trade so that our stock of different zoos can increase. However, I will sell them too if somebody wants some.

Buccaneer
05-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Hey Bob ... when I pick up the LTA can I look at some of those Zoo's ?

Cheers

Bob I
05-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey Bob ... when I pick up the LTA can I look at some of those Zoo's ?

Cheers

Man, I don't think you could avoid it :mrgreen: You will need to bring expertise on how to remove it from the tank, as it is still stuck to the bottom glass. :frown:

Buccaneer
05-08-2003, 04:12 PM
I think the ice cube in the plastic bag trick should work :idea: :smile:

Cheers

Delphinus
05-08-2003, 04:36 PM
How hard stuck is it? On just Monday evening I rearranged some rock in my 20, and I had to move my carpet. S. haddoni holds on at least as hard as E.quad (BTA's), but the foot is much larger. It was quite a dog to remove, and complicated badly by the fact the carpet is so sticky it sticks to and attempts to eat anything that touches it ... hands, gloves, glass, rocks, ... It almost ate the bucket I had to put it in.

Anyways point being is I think the carpet would be way harder than an LTA, but I managed. I used my plastic spackle knife and just gently worked at it. Gentle is the key -- you're going to injure them if you're too rough.

I used the plastic one because I beleive the metal ones could very easily tear anemone flesh if one's hand slipped while attempting this. Plus, plastic tends not to rust :mrgreen:

(Let me know if you want a hand. I'm not sure when I could come up your way though, tonight's out, tomorrow night's out, and Saturday night's out. :confused: Maybe daytime Saturday or Sunday though...)

Bob I
05-08-2003, 05:03 PM
How hard stuck is it? On just Monday evening I rearranged some rock in my 20, and I had to move my carpet. S. haddoni holds on at least as hard as E.quad (BTA's), but the foot is much larger. It was quite a dog to remove, and complicated badly by the fact the carpet is so sticky it sticks to and attempts to eat anything that touches it ... hands, gloves, glass, rocks, ... It almost ate the bucket I had to put it in.

The foot is about 1 1/4 inch in diameter, but only about half is attached. As to being sticky, my LTA is the same way, it wants to eat anything that touches it.

(Let me know if you want a hand. I'm not sure when I could come up your way though, tonight's out, tomorrow night's out, and Saturday night's out. :confused: Maybe daytime Saturday or Sunday though...)

My timing depends on Steve. At this time I don.t know when he wants to attempt this thing.

Delphinus
05-08-2003, 05:24 PM
If you don't have one, run on over to Rona or HD sometime and pick up a 4" or 6" yellow plastic spackle knife. You should be able to slip that under the foot.

Failing that, you could maybe try a net since the foot is only 1.5" or so. The foot of my carpet is more like 6" or 7" round, and adheres like it's stuck with krazy glue. That's why I wasn't able to try a net or the ice cube trick (ice cubes would involve having my hand too close ... gloves or plastic baggies notwithstanding, the issue is it just sticks to everything and especially anything softish that looks like it could be food.)

Incidentally, in the case of my carpet, she dug herself down through the gravel and restuck her foot to the glass within a couple of hours. I myself had a really rough time moving her, but she seems to be no worse for the experience...

Buccaneer
05-08-2003, 08:55 PM
If you don't have one, run on over to Rona or HD sometime and pick up a 4" or 6" yellow plastic spackle knife. You should be able to slip that under the foot.

Hey Bob ... I am free tonight and I will pick up the spackle knife on the way if you are going to be around ( have to pick up some braided hose at HD anyway )

Cheers

Bob I
05-09-2003, 01:17 AM

Hey Bob ... I am free tonight and I will pick up the spackle knife on the way if you are going to be around ( have to pick up some braided hose at HD anyway )

Cheers

I am here now and will be until 10:00 PM