PDA

View Full Version : Fish suggestions

likwid
12-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 28g HQI BioCube that has been up and running for half a year now. Currently for livestock I have a clownfish w/ bubbletip anemone and a randals goby. The clownfish just stays inside the anemone all day and the goby usually stays near his burrow. I am looking for another fish that will be fairly active and fun to watch since these two don't really do much.

I was thinking a flame angel, but would like to hear your opinions on other fish.

Trigger Man
12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
any corals currently in there?

likwid
12-02-2008, 05:02 PM
any corals currently in there?

Yes quite a few. Frogspawns, brain coral, birdsnest, zoas, mushrooms, ricordias, candy cane, GSP.

Barrett.Oliver
12-02-2008, 05:26 PM
I personally have a Lemonpeel Angel that I'm quite happy with, but IMO I quite enjoy Dwarf Angels in general. They are rather hit & miss when it comes to being "Reef Safe" as far as I know.

Mine enjoyed the zoas I had in the tank..... But a really active, personable fish for sure! I am still new to this though, so take it easy on me if I'm wrong :)

Barrett Oliver

likwid
12-02-2008, 05:28 PM
I personally have a Lemonpeel Angel that I'm quite happy with, but IMO I quite enjoy Dwarf Angels in general. They are rather hit & miss when it comes to being "Reef Safe" as far as I know.

Mine enjoyed the zoas I had in the tank..... But a really active, personable fish for sure! I am still new to this though, so take it easy on me if I'm wrong :)

Barrett Oliver

I am looking at getting a clam in the future, and don't think i want to risk it :/

ponokareefer
12-02-2008, 05:43 PM
If your top is completely covered, I'd recommend one of the flasher wrasse's. You could even look at a smaller species of the fairy wrasse's in that size of tank as well. They are both reef safe.

Der_Iron_Chef
12-02-2008, 05:57 PM
How about a firefish, or a second clownfish/mate?

lastlight
12-02-2008, 06:21 PM
my orchid dottyback was a behaved and very active fish.

likwid
12-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I had a firefish at one point, but he would just hide in the rock work and come out only during feeding. Looking for something that will just swim around all day. Not a huge fan of wrasses either.

Starry
12-02-2008, 07:47 PM
chromis or sixline if u want movment

mark
12-02-2008, 08:38 PM
not a fish but how about a alpheid shrimp to go with the goby?

ponokareefer
12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
A fish that I've been looking for for a while is a midas blenny. Reef safe, hardy, easy to feed, colorful, and has character. Check out the video on youtube of this midas blenny: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQQ7lSuFpik&feature=related . That fish is hilarious! :lol:
If you're looking for a fish that is out a lot, I'd caution from getting a pistol shrimp/goby pair. My goby comes out once in a while, but the shrimp rarely comes out.

brizzo
12-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Haha, that blenny is toooo funny :lol:

Leah
12-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Hey, I have one of those, thought it was a fang blenny though. But omg that is the cutest
thing I have ever seen. I swear fish play but everyone else thinks I am crazy. (Those non
fish owners.)I have a large Anthia and it plays with my hippos' all the time. It is totally odd. But cute. Who said they don't think.