PDA

View Full Version : Peacock Mantis - North Burnaby - $50

skp
12-02-2008, 05:11 AM
I have a 3.5 inch to 4 inch long peacock mantis for sale. It is very healthy and very well mannered. It knows that i feed it and i can hand feed it.
Here is a picture of it:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seosoft/2959181021/sizes/l/

and heres a video demonstrating how tame it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDs98s2VnxM

ElGuappo
12-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Cool pic where were you for the photo contest?

tang daddy
12-02-2008, 11:12 PM
wow you got some balls I would never try that....

The Meral Spot
12-03-2008, 12:59 AM
I would love it! I love peacock's! Already have 1! Have many other tanks set up for more! Please PM me your information if it's not already taken!

Thanks!

skp
12-03-2008, 01:03 AM
When i first got it, it would go into this crazy stance at its cave entrance. but later i think it got bored and wanted something to interact with. i mostly keep my hands out of the tank and just let the mysis or crabs or fish drop into the tank. i always make sure theres no uneaten food left in the tank so when im in a hurry i push the food towards it with a chopstick. Later it would want to play with the chopstick when its not hungry. After some time observing it, it seemed to act differently towards different things. I have a few other videos. in one video it kills this rock crab by first hitting one claw off then holding the other claw with its grasping leggs while smashing at it with its smashers. i have another video of it playing with a huge hermit crab. it would fill the hole of the crab's shell with sand and then watch the crab push the sand out and come out a little then it would give it a single smash and repeat. the claw of the hermit fell off and the mantis took the claw and put it back into the hermit shell and continued to put sand into the shell until it got bored of this and let the hermit go. It ate the hermit later on that night. The videos are over 200mb each..so as soon as i find a program to cut them down ill post them on youtube.