PDA

View Full Version : GSC Containers food safe? (Or tank safe)

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows or has used the GSC containers (like the rubbermaids) if they are aquarium safe?

I can't seem to find any info on the web and there is no label saying anything on the container. Anyone know where I can find info about them?

Just says heavy duty resin. Its a 46G dark grey container.

FitoPharmer
12-01-2008, 10:33 PM
i use roughneck garbage cans from rubbermaid from walmart for mixing my water. even weeks later sitting in them i cant get a testably higher amount of TDS. not sure if that helps or not.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-01-2008, 10:36 PM
i use roughneck garbage cans from rubbermaid from walmart for mixing my water. even weeks later sitting in them i cant get a testably higher amount of TDS. not sure if that helps or not.

I use the same can for auto top off. I just want to make sure these specific ones are safe. I tried calling the company but they are closed.

Just thought I would see if anyone else has tried them or knows what exactly they are mode of and if its safe.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-01-2008, 11:03 PM
So probably not going to bother even taking the risk. I think if it were safe it would at least have a label saying what it was made of :lol:

It wasn't cheap and is very tough (much stronger than the usual rubbermaids) but I have a funny feeling it may be made of the wrong kind of plastic.

How common would it be for storage containers to be made of toxic plastics?

FitoPharmer
12-01-2008, 11:59 PM
its the color thats the most likely cause of contamination from what i have herd or secondly the chemicals used to grease the molds.

GreenSpottedPuffer
12-02-2008, 01:22 AM
its the color thats the most likely cause of contamination from what i have herd or secondly the chemicals used to grease the molds.

Ok, that makes sense. I am going to take it back regardless and use a rubbermaid that I KNOW is fine.

Thanks for your help.