PDA

View Full Version : Planted nano question?

reefy
12-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Since no question is dumb plus I am a newbie, I am wondering if can do a planted(only) nano with a 1 gallon tank, since I have sitting around(my first salt water tank lol), I am also wondering if I need any equipment to run it eg. What kinda lighting, flow, media, CO2? any planted nano links that I can learn of?

thanks in advance!!!!

rocketlily
12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Do an internet search on this. Lots of info out there.

Keri
12-01-2008, 11:02 PM
This doesn't say how but shows you how neat you Could mak it! I love the freshwater shrimps.

Bugsy
12-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Anybias Nana is a great low light plant that would do well if you can have a small piece of driftwood in there for it to attach to and yes do add a couple of shrimp in there too. They have little heaters you can get for a 1 gal and a mini hob filter would be perfect. I have freshwater shrimp in my 30 gal and they are funny characters, they keep the plants spottless of algae and are very good cleaners.

You would have to supplement them with a few flakes or algae pellets in a tank that small though.

:B-fly:

ElGuappo
12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
you could also try some java fern, and maybe cryptocorn would work. neither require much light. i am growing both succesfully with no dosing of any kind.