PDA

View Full Version : Wavysea

Shadow
11-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Anyone with any feedback on this unit? i am thinking of getting one for my 29 gallon nanocube

zoomin
11-28-2008, 06:13 PM
I used one for almost a year and really liked it.

I used it on the return from sump via a Eheim 1262 in a 60g tank and it was the only flow I needed (LPS not SPS).

I have switched things up and now use 2 nano streams for flow, not due to any fault of the wavysea, but because I have become a member of the slow flow through the sump club.

There is one design flaw with the wavysea though - it loses it's memory when powered down.

In most cases not a big deal as reprogramming takes all of 12 seconds.

oh, and you're in luck:

http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=43385&highlight=wavysea

;)

Rippin
11-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Even more in luck....
http://oceanaquatics.com/store/product/642/Wavy-Sea---Black/

Shadow
11-28-2008, 07:44 PM
ya i just got the last one at OA!!! new for $100.... cant go wrong surely!

Rippin
11-28-2008, 07:46 PM

Honestly, I think they only had one...:wink:

Reefer Rob
11-28-2008, 07:49 PM
I love my Wavyseas. I have one in each front corner of my tank, great for random flow. They do have their problems, but they can be repaired if you're handy. Mine have had the mounts for the worm gear break off, but I repaired them better than new with Weldon adhesive. The memory problem is easily fixed by plugging them into a computer battery backup.

Zoomin, why don't you mount a nano stream to your Wavysea

Shadow
11-28-2008, 07:55 PM
What do you think the best powerhead to use with it is? the Maxijet or another? its only a small 29 gallon oceanic biocube. Wire it from the existing return pump or get another powerhead?

todd516
11-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Only buy this unit if you never plan to send it back for repairs. My unit was broken in the box and that was six months ago. I tried to send it back and the company will not take it or even look at it. The company that sells them to the stores says it is not their problem and will not replace it even though it has not even seen water. Only buy it if the store will waranty it for you, mine will not !!!!!

Boomboy
11-28-2008, 09:33 PM
are you sure there is only one because it is still for sale for 100 bucks on OA

zoomin
11-28-2008, 10:04 PM

$100 new?

Who knew?

... no wonder nobody wants to buy mine :|

Mega
11-28-2008, 11:32 PM
I think Wendell has just removed it online... :neutral:

Shadow
11-28-2008, 11:48 PM
He has still got the seaswirl as another option though.... really good price on it too....

Anyway back to my question.... any reccomendations on using a powerhead or just use the existing pump that came with the biocube?

Skimmerking
11-29-2008, 01:05 AM
the wavy sea's are great thou, but with that being said when the power goes off the unit will start moving in the clock wise motion again when the power comes back on. and then you have the unit going in circles again until you reprogram it. pushing water over the top of the tank .
that is why i sold mine cheap to get rid of it.

Reefer Rob
11-29-2008, 03:38 AM
He has still got the seaswirl as another option though.... really good price on it too....

Anyway back to my question.... any reccomendations on using a powerhead or just use the existing pump that came with the biocube?

That depends on what you want to keep. If you get enough flow from your existing pump for your needs, just hook it up to the Wavysea and your done. You won't need as much overall flow with a Wavysea as you would with stationary outlets.

Shadow
11-29-2008, 04:24 AM
Ok, decided with the maxijet 1200 on the new wavysea on the opposite side of the return pump of the biocube.... should be lots of flow for my LPS and softies in the tank.... and im going to upgrade the lights to MH or T5's as opposed to the all inclusive hood. :biggrin:

Will post piccies soon :biggrin: