PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder length gloves!

fkshiu
11-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Finally found a local source for shoulder-length disposable gloves - the Pharmasave in Cloverdale ($3.99 for 10)!

I've been looking for a long time and a horse breeder friend of mine directed me there. They're for calving but they work just as well for sticking your arm in a tank as they do for sticking your arm up a cow's you-know-where.

Much more tactile feel than Coralife Aquagloves although they are quite vulnerable to puncturing.

Great for anyone with skin conditions or those who simply don't want to get oils and other stuff on their skin into your tank.

Trigger Man
11-26-2008, 05:33 AM
Were the gloves in stock or did they have to be ordered? I don't think we have a Pharmasave in Calgary but I was thinking maybe a similar place here might have them. I looked for Muck gloves that someone had posted about but never found any, maybe they are a seasonal thing.

Red Coral Aquariums
11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
I have the shoulder length disposable gloves in stock for 50 cents a piece.
Kevin

fkshiu
11-26-2008, 04:12 PM
Were the gloves in stock or did they have to be ordered? I don't think we have a Pharmasave in Calgary but I was thinking maybe a similar place here might have them. I looked for Muck gloves that someone had posted about but never found any, maybe they are a seasonal thing.

They were in stock, but I doubt any pharmacy would have them in an urban area since most latte sipping yuppies don't spend their weekends with their arms shoved up a cow's arse. You're most likely to find them in an area with a lot of farms and livestock considering their primary use. Cloverdale, BC is exceptional in that regard - an urban suburb with a lot of livestock around.

Trigger Man
11-26-2008, 05:51 PM
I have the shoulder length disposable gloves in stock for 50 cents a piece.
Kevin

good to know, gonna have to try to swing by today then.

Trigger Man
11-26-2008, 05:53 PM
thanks for the idea Fkshiu, beats getting the bulky corallife ones.

FBNitro
11-27-2008, 04:03 AM
Ocean Aquatics has boxes of them. 100 in a box, $29.99. I grabbed a box a few months ago. 10 cents cheaper / glove...