PDA

View Full Version : LTA and Tomato Clown available

Bob I
05-05-2003, 08:10 PM
I have a LTA that will soon be to big for the 10 gallon tank it is in. Right now it is six to eight inches across the disk. I am thinking it will be too big for my 50 too. So I am offering it to someone with a larger tank. There is also a Tomato Clown that lives in the LTA. Maybe someone has a BTA they don't want, and want to give this guy a shot. However, I am open to offers :onfire:

Buccaneer
05-05-2003, 08:13 PM
I would be interested Bob ... but not for a couple weeks ... if I paid for him ( how much btw ? ) would you keep him a while ?

do you have a pic of the LTA ?

Cheers

Buccaneer
05-05-2003, 08:19 PM
Do I get to keep the bottom glass of your 10G tank too ? :lol:

Cheers

Bob I
05-05-2003, 08:30 PM
I would be interested Bob ... but not for a couple weeks ... if I paid for him ( how much btw ? ) would you keep him a while ?

do you have a pic of the LTA ?

Cheers

All I paid for it was a few frags, so there is no big money involved here. I just want it to get a better home, and hopefully take the clown too. I paid $10.00 for him. I really need to keep the bottom glass. Here is a picture.

http://members.shaw.ca/rcipema/lta1.jpg :mrgreen:

AJ_77
05-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Nice-looking animals, Bob. What requirements does the LTA have in regard to age and stability of the tank?

Would a fairly new system house one adequately?

Buccaneer
05-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Hey Bob ... the LTA is no problem but I already have a Ocelaris that I have had for a few years and dont want to risk a fight with another clown

Cheers

Bob I
05-05-2003, 08:38 PM
Hey Bob ... the LTA is no problem but I already have a Ocelaris that I have had for a few years and dont want to risk a fight with another clown

Cheers

The Tomato can stay here of course.

Bob I
05-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Nice-looking animals, Bob. What requirements does the LTA have in regard to age and stability of the tank?

Would a fairly new system house one adequately?

It appears to be doing very well in the 10, and it is really fairly new.

Buccaneer
05-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Cool ... let me know when you prefer and how much and it is a done deal ... look forward to seeing your tanks too ... seen a few Calgary tanks and they all look awesome

Cheers

Bob I
05-05-2003, 08:46 PM
Cool ... let me know when you prefer and how much and it is a done deal ... look forward to seeing your tanks too ... seen a few Calgary tanks and they all look awesome

Cheers

As far as when, anytime is fine. As to how much? I don't want to charge for something I paid no cash for. I guess the price would be an honorarium, or future considerations. Wharever. :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
05-05-2003, 08:50 PM
No Problemo ... future considerations sounds fine ... I am sure we can work something out down the road ... YGPM

Cheers

Buccaneer
05-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Hey Bob ... here is a link to RC that might be a way to move the LTA from the glass using a ice cube in a ziplock bag or a small powerhead

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=171272&highlight=move+lta%2A

Cheers

Bob I
05-16-2003, 05:20 PM
The LTA was moved to my 50 last night, and appears to be doing very well. I fed it a chunk of Krill, which was eagerly taken. I still have the small Tomato Clown. I will give it away to the first person who speaks up, in Calgary of course, pickup only.

Buccaneer
05-16-2003, 05:41 PM
Actually Bob I will take the clown as well ... setting up a 10G nano for my youngest daughter ( 1 out of 3 daughters into my hobby :) ) and the clown would make the perfect addition ... gonna get a pair of those T5's for that tank

Cheers

Delphinus
05-16-2003, 05:58 PM
Bob, I'm curious, what technique did you employ in the end, to coax that anemome off the glass?

Bob I
05-17-2003, 01:06 AM
Bob, I'm curious, what technique did you employ in the end, to coax that anemome off the glass?

I did what I threatened to do. I just slid my Sears card under its foot slowly. When it came free, I moved it to my 50. It is now fully expanded, so it must not be hurt. :eek:

Bob I
05-17-2003, 01:09 AM
Actually Bob I will take the clown as well ... setting up a 10G nano for my youngest daughter ( 1 out of 3 daughters into my hobby :) ) and the clown would make the perfect addition ... gonna get a pair of those T5's for that tank

Cheers

The clown is available, but the LTA is now in my 50, and staying there for the the foreseeable future. It would have been too large for a ten anyway. I am away or the weekend as of tomorrow.

EmilyB
05-17-2003, 04:46 AM
Tony.... :lol: great avatar... :cool:

This is what my LTA looks like btw:

http://www.members.shaw.ca/bhadford1/LTA.JPG

Buccaneer
05-17-2003, 06:53 AM

Cheers

The clown is available, but the LTA is now in my 50, and staying there for the the foreseeable future. It would have been too large for a ten anyway. I am away or the weekend as of tomorrow.

You dont want to get rid of the LTA now :question:

The clown was going into the 10G ... the LTA was destined for the 300G ... oh well if you dont want to part with it now no harm :rolleyes:

Buccaneer
05-17-2003, 07:20 AM
On second thought the clown might not be right for the 10G ... maybe a gramma instead ... never mind on the LTA too