11-26-2008, 02:22 AM
breeders or clownfish??

Ha!!

arnald
11-26-2008, 03:18 AM
hahaahaha that is funny hahah no i need clown fish thanks

Myka
11-26-2008, 03:32 AM
Why so many? Are you planning on breeding them yourself? If so, you might want to try getting unrelated fish. :)

Keri
11-26-2008, 04:05 AM
Why so many? Are you planning on breeding them yourself? If so, you might want to try getting unrelated fish. :)

That's a good point :)

arnald
11-26-2008, 04:12 AM
I just setup another tank for my girlfriend and she just wants clown fish and a big tree branchy coral and I got everything going but just need some clowns. I don't want to breed any fish, I just want to get 8 to 10 from a breeder because I thought it might be cheaper.

sick lid
11-26-2008, 04:15 AM
I'm breeding clowns. What kind are you looking for?

arnald
11-26-2008, 04:20 AM
hey thanks for offering but I was hoping for someone around where I live. Do you know anyone around this area that breeds clown fish?

Myka
11-26-2008, 04:54 AM
I just setup another tank for my girlfriend and she just wants clown fish and a big tree branchy coral and I got everything going but just need some clowns. I don't want to breed any fish, I just want to get 8 to 10 from a breeder because I thought it might be cheaper.

Clowns are only like $20 each. They aren't expensive. If you have more than 2, they will likely fight badly. Just get her two. :)

Take a stroll up to J&L Aquatics in Burnaby (just off the #1 at the Gaglardi exit), and they will help you get a setup and the equipment you will need to keep them healthy.

Marlin65
11-26-2008, 05:29 AM
they are only about $5.00 each on the breeding level depending on what kind, and you can add more than two you will end up with a breeding pair plus a lot of juveniles. some species this is easer than others, but you can definitely have more than two.

Keri
11-26-2008, 05:35 AM
I think false percs and skunk clowns are your safest bet to keep in a group if you get them all at the same time :)

Marlin65
11-26-2008, 05:42 AM
+1

tang daddy
11-26-2008, 06:17 AM
check with king eds pets they sometimes get a load of clownfish for cheap from local breeders that is if you can't find any on here.

vaporize
11-26-2008, 07:52 AM
breeders or clownfish??

hahahha my gosh. :)

I don't think I can at most name 10 active/inactive clownfish breeders in canada :)

Anybody breeding on the west coast? (aside from ocean aquatics that previously did that)

Myka
11-26-2008, 05:11 PM
they are only about $5.00 each on the breeding level depending on what kind, and you can add more than two you will end up with a breeding pair plus a lot of juveniles. some species this is easer than others, but you can definitely have more than two.

This guy is a novice saltie, do you really think he's going to have a setup that can support that? You'll get a breeding pair from just buying two as well. I don't see the point in keeping a group of them. I think this is just a case of not knowing.

Marlin65
11-26-2008, 05:29 PM
This guy is a novice saltie, do you really think he's going to have a setup that can support that? You'll get a breeding pair from just buying two as well. I don't see the point in keeping a group of them. I think this is just a case of not knowing.
How do you know that he is a novice salty because he only has a few posts? Or do you know him personally.
Everyone has to start somewhere. If I had posted that as my first post would I be labeled the same way. I have been in and out of this hobby since the 1980's but only joined Canreef this year.
If he wants a group of them in one tank who are we to tell him he can't.

Marlin65
11-26-2008, 05:32 PM
hahahha my gosh. :)

I don't think I can at most name 10 active/inactive clownfish breeders in canada :)

Anybody breeding on the west coast? (aside from ocean aquatics that previously did that)

You have a big clown collection do you breed them?

Myka
11-26-2008, 05:32 PM
How do you know that he is a novice salty because he only has a few posts? Or do you know him personally.
Everyone has to start somewhere. If I had posted that as my first post would I be labeled the same way. I have been in and out of this hobby since the 1980's but only joined Canreef this year.
If he wants a group of them in one tank who are we to tell him he can't.

This post made me think he's a novice salty:

Who told him he can't? I suggested that there is an easier way. Isn't that what these boards are for? Giving people a heads up when they're pointed for troubles? Helping people out? I don't see your issue...

Marlin65
11-26-2008, 05:57 PM
Said he set up another tank for his girlfriend. His tank could be a 300 gal SPS for all we know, and you recommended he only get two as he apparently does not know. I would think nothing of keeping that many in one tank dedicated to just clowns, but I guess technically you did not say he can't.:wink: I retract my statement.

Myka
11-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Said he set up another tank for his girlfriend. His tank could be a 300 gal SPS for all we know, and you recommended he only get two as he apparently does not know. I would think nothing of keeping that many in one tank dedicated to just clowns, but I guess technically you did not say he can't.:wink: I retract my statement.

I know a couple people who have tried the school of clowns with a carpet of different anemones thing, and they both had major issues with fighting once the fish got a bit older. I suppose I should have said that he sounds like a novice salty. I would think if he had a 300g SPS tank he would call a coral by name other than "big tree branchy coral", but hey who knows I suppose. Either way, I TRIED to suggest he go to a knowledgable LFS to help him out because it sounds like he may need a bit of a hand in the right direction.

fishoholic
11-26-2008, 08:45 PM
I know a couple people who have tried the school of clowns with a carpet of different anemones thing, and they both had major issues with fighting once the fish got a bit older. I suppose I should have said that he sounds like a novice salty. I would think if he had a 300g SPS tank he would call a coral by name other than "big tree branchy coral", but hey who knows I suppose. Either way, I TRIED to suggest he go to a knowledgable LFS to help him out because it sounds like he may need a bit of a hand in the right direction.

Sounds like good advice to me.

arnald
11-26-2008, 11:48 PM
ok guys I just wanted to let all of you know that I have a 90gallon reef tank, 180gallon reef tank and also put up a 55gallon tank and i was thinking of getting a 280gallon tank by next year. Now, just casue i never post anything up on this website doesn't mean I don't know shi t all. Infact I have connections with Ron the onwer at king eds and also got some friends that work at JL's. I can get the clowns for $9 a piece but I just put this thread up cause maybe someone breeds them that can sell for cheaper. Thanks for noones help except for

arnald
11-26-2008, 11:49 PM
Marlin65 who somewhat understands what i was saying.

arnald
11-26-2008, 11:55 PM
and by the way just cause I don't know what the coral is called doesn't mean i don't anything.

Myka
11-27-2008, 04:55 AM
Got pics of your tanks?

moldrik
11-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Can't we all get along?

For the sake of the...

http://filaman.ifm-geomar.de/images/species/Amoce_u0.jpg
________
Honda FT500 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_FT500)

arnald
11-27-2008, 08:25 AM
wow this is so funny I don't need to prove anything but anyways I don't need clowns anymore thanks for everyones advice please close this thread