PDA

View Full Version : J&L Aquatics Live Order - UPDATE

Myka
11-26-2008, 01:40 AM
I have a LIVE order to be shipped by plane to the Kelowna airport. Plane will arrive Friday evening. Shipping will be $20. J&L has a live arrival guarantee on air shipments. We will split the shipping cost by the number of bags each person gets. There will also be $4 in heat packs. We will split that by the number of people ordering. :)

If you want to add to this order it has to be done before 4pm Thursday.

EDIT:

I've gotten quite a bit of response. So here's how it works. You call J&L and find out availability for what you are looking for. DO NOT PUT THE ITEMS ON HOLD. Once you've found out availability, send me a PM with what you want, YOUR REAL NAME & PHONE NUMBER, and I put the items on hold under my name. These are J&L's rules to keep the group orders from getting really confusing for them. Vernon people can meet at the airport if they would prefer.

When the order arrives on Saturday you pay me directly (cash or PayPal). If one of your critters is dead YOU STILL PAY ME for it. Because the order is in my name, I will square it up with J&L, and you will be reimbursed. I do NOT have room to hold onto your stock for you. I will call you as soon as I know the arrival time of the plane and I will bring the order into Kelowna where we can all meet, pay, and divy the order out.

If you don't pay me, and don't follow through I will bust your bio balls!!! Grrr!!!

phillybean
11-26-2008, 03:38 AM
I might get in on the live goods order.

Myka
11-26-2008, 04:42 AM
I might get in on the live goods order.

Ok, let me know as soon as possible. Easier that way. :)

Bugsy
11-26-2008, 05:43 PM
Pm'd you

:biggrin:

Myka
11-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Got it, I replied. :)

Oscar
11-26-2008, 06:21 PM
I might also add to your live order. I will get back to you.

Myka
11-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Ok.

Myka
11-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Hey guys (and gals), please read the edit on the first post. :)

phillybean
11-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Sounds good Myka. I'll pay you thru Paypal if that works for ya. What is your info?

Gools
11-27-2008, 01:58 AM
Not sure on how much everyong is ordering, but if you get over $200 it's $25 shipping, and over $300 it's $20, by air meaning it's live arrival.

I am interested to but would rather it be by plane. Just a thought

phillybean
11-27-2008, 03:31 AM
Mine will be 45 + tax

Myka
11-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Not sure on how much everyong is ordering, but if you get over $200 it's $25 shipping, and over $300 it's $20, by air meaning it's live arrival.

I am interested to but would rather it be by plane. Just a thought

I haven't heard of that before. I just checked the website, and you're right! There is also no box charge over $200. Let's see if we can get over $200 guys, and ship by plane. :)

Thanks for the heads up!

Would you like to add to the order then Gools? Maybe with you in we can get over $200.

Mine is $55 +tax, but I could probably be talked into getting another coral.

Oscar
11-27-2008, 10:25 AM
I am looking at a small order of $18.00.

Gools
11-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Myka I sent you my order. I'm in for around $130

Myka
11-27-2008, 04:56 PM
Awesome everyone! We are definately over $200 now, and it looks like 2 other people who may add as well. :)

I will call J&L first thing this morning (they open at 11 am), and make sure we can catch the plane, and see when the order has to be in by.

Myka
11-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Sorry guys...a bit of an update. Typo on my part. I said free shipping, it's actually $20. So we will split that by the number of bags each person gets. Plus $4 in heat packs which we will split by the number of people ordering. Sound good?

The flight will arrive in Kelowna on Friday evening. I won't have the exact flight details until later this evening when they book the flight.

If anyone else wants to add to the order you have a few more hours to do so.

Lots of response!! We are over $400 now. :)

Myka
11-27-2008, 10:22 PM
Last call!! Get your order in before 4pm.

Oscar
11-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Sorry Mika, I had to go out of town and was away from my computer today. Was looking forward to that order but that's the wy it goes.

grant

Myka
11-28-2008, 01:59 AM
Bummer! Sorry you couldn't get in Oscar!! There will be a next time. :)

Ok, so for everyone who has placed an order. It has been finalized. The order will arrive Saturday morning. I just found out that they will be packed up last thing on Friday, but the plane doesn't leave until Saturday morning. I don't have a final time on that. I will find out tomorrow.

I will post where we will meet tomorrow.

Thanks for participating everyone! :)

mike31154
11-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Dang, missed it. A bit under the weather yesterday, but I'll be looking forward to the next order.

Myka
11-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Next time!!

I sent PMs out to everyone who ordered. Let me know if you didn't get it.

brizzo
11-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Whoop, I got my pompom crab! :mrgreen:

Everything looked good except Myka's jawfish :(

phillybean
11-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Woot!

Frags look great. Sorry again about the Jaw Fish Myka :(

Bugsy
11-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Myka, you lost your jawfish??:sad:

Well I have to say, my ricordea is absolutley beautiful, there are 3 of them on this rock. Very nice, wish I would have ordered another kind too. Maybe next time.

The Pom Pom Crab is doing well, still acclimitizing him at the moment, and I do see a second pom pom too. Cute little guy, hopes he likes his new home in my 2.8 gal pico.

Thanks again Mindy for taking on the order task, truly appreciated.

Debbie

mseepman
11-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Myka...how do we all survive in the Okanagan without you? You sure "get things done":mrgreen:

Myka
11-30-2008, 12:45 AM
Ya, sucks about my dead Jawfish. :( One of my Emerald crabs promptly left sight in my tank probably never to be seen again, but the other one I can still see picking around the rocks. :D

We need pics of your Ric Amy!!! I was tossing around the idea of ordering a blue one...dangit I should have!

Myka...how do we all survive in the Okanagan without you? You sure "get things done":mrgreen:

Aw thanks. :o I got so much done that I will be happy to escape back to the peace of work!! Hahahaha!

Bugsy
11-30-2008, 01:13 AM
I will send one tomorrow as I have to go back to the curling rink right now. But I am very very pleased with it, I think this is what they call their blue. Purple/Blue with a pink mouth very pretty and this one has 3 nice rics on the rock. I am very pleased with it.

My pom pom crab is doing very well, he has found a hidout under a rock but I did snap a picture of him in the green star polyps earlier and will post that tomorrow too. Very cute little crab.

Sorry about your jaw fish, they look so neat. And a crab missing already. You are not having very good luck hey??

Have a nice night......:mrgreen:

Myka
11-30-2008, 03:54 AM
I will send one tomorrow as I have to go back to the curling rink right now. But I am very very pleased with it, I think this is what they call their blue. Purple/Blue with a pink mouth very pretty and this one has 3 nice rics on the rock. I am very pleased with it.

My pom pom crab is doing very well, he has found a hidout under a rock but I did snap a picture of him in the green star polyps earlier and will post that tomorrow too. Very cute little crab.

Sorry about your jaw fish, they look so neat. And a crab missing already. You are not having very good luck hey??

Have a nice night......:mrgreen:

Wow, I think you must have gotten quite a good deal on that Ric then!! Pom Poms are one of my fav inverts too.

I found the second crab. They are tough to spot on the rockwork as they are more greyish than green. I wouldn't be surprised if I hardly ever saw them as there are lots of hiding spots in my tank.

I just rearranged my whole tank, glued down a bunch of corals (finally got some more expoxy on my dry goods order), and in the process of putting the Mag 3 on my Remora. What an ugly pump...it better make a big difference!

Bugsy
12-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Hey everyone, note the new username.....:mrgreen:

I will upload those pictures I promise, still trying to get a nice crystal clear shot of the ricordeas.

They are doing great, I am going to look for a nice piece of rock to attach them to so they can spread. I could not believe that there were 3 rics on this rock.

The crab is doing just great, such a cute little critter too.

Thanks again Myka for doing this order.

Bugsy.....:biggrin:

Bugsy
12-02-2008, 02:46 AM
Okay here are some pics. Not the best and not as clear as I would like.

Also, just added 2 new large pieces of rock to the tank today so things are not happy as they had to be move a bit.

The pic of the crab and the ric is before I added the new rock today.

Myka
02-16-2009, 08:07 PM
I never saw these pics until just now! Great little tank Bugsy! Nice Rics too!

tgoeujon
02-16-2009, 11:56 PM
when is the next order happening?:biggrin:

Bugsy
02-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks Myka, as you know its all in the 5 gal now and doing well. The rics are even bigger will take an updated pic soon.

:biggrin:

Myka
02-17-2009, 11:18 PM
when is the next order happening?:biggrin:

We are doing a Wicked Frag order right now, but I'm just finalizing it, so it's too late for that one. I don't have any plans to order from J&L anytime soon...