PDA

View Full Version : Electrical help

Doo
11-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi

Any electricians that can help me with what I need to add 3 plug boxes to my fuse panel. I am thinking 1-2 plugs/ fuse. I have too much running off 2 seperate plugs in the basement. I want to make sure that I meet code and need to find out what type of wire, plugs, fuses...

The fuse panel is 1 year old (new house). I can always provide more info on the panel...

I want to have an electrician come in and give me a thumbs up. I want to meet the code!

if there are any pro electricians in Edmonton that are willing to help me, I am good for some cash :mrgreen:

Thank you!

mark
11-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Are you handy cause a couple of breakers etc is really no big deal. As for Code concerns a good cheap (~$10) reference is the "Electrical Code Simplified" and available in HD, Rona..., has a green cover.

2manytanks
11-26-2008, 01:18 AM
Putting in a new breaker is easy. Just make sure you get a breaker that will work in your box - there are different kinds.

Hopefully since your home is new you don't have the basement completely finished, because runnning the wiring through it will be way more difficult than putting in the breaker.

As well as the books available, you can find lots of good DIY yourself stuff on the internet too.

edit - P.S. - I couldn't make coffee if my MH lights were on. Definitely not acceptable.

Doo
11-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the tips - yes I am handy, but it is way more comforting if you have a beer drinking buddy that knows their stuff and can help manage the project - lol :)

Floop70
11-26-2008, 05:50 PM
My mother-in-law's hubby is a master electrician. We wired the basement on our house a couple years back and I think I recall him saying there could be 12 deviced per breaker. If you are only adding 3 outlets I suspect you can probably get away with one breaker.

I think you've got a good idea to use an electrician though... possibly save yourself a shock.:onfire: