PDA

View Full Version : Undulated Trigger

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Long shot but...

I have a small 2" Undy that I am thinking of finding a home because I am no longer going to be setting up his 75G....If I can find someone who has either a 55G (minimum) or 75G FOWLR that they want to dedicate to this one fish. He will kill mostly anything you try to keep with him, so he needs to be alone or with a few damsels that will slowly go missing. Amazing fish though! Lots of personality and is getting friendlier and friendlier as the months go on (Undys are known to be mean and shy)

Free if you can give him a good home. Please do not even bother asking for him if you plan to "try" him with other fish...It will not work.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r179/Justinpsmith/Digi040-1.jpg

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Sorry..wrong forum. Can a Mod please move this :)

argan
11-25-2008, 04:48 PM
I have a 90g FOWLR with no other fish that i am using to grow-out liverock. I would pay for shipping

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-25-2008, 06:11 PM
I have a 90g FOWLR with no other fish that i am using to grow-out liverock. I would pay for shipping

I don't want to take a chance shipping him. Sorry. I have never shipped livestock and am not going to start with this guy.

I am not in any rush to find him a new home. He has 3/4 of a 75G to himself now which would be fine for a few years but I just thought I would see if anyone local wants to give him a long term home.

Going to be hard though because they HAVE to commit to keeping a tank with just ONE fish. Im sure most people have heard how aggressive Clown Triggers are, well in my experiences, Undulate Triggers make them look soft ;) The nice thing though is Undy's stay much smaller than Clowns.

Marlin65
11-25-2008, 07:21 PM
I had one years ago with other fish i think they are a bit overrated as far as being killers.:wink: Probably more a case by case as per most fish some bad some good. Now Titan trigger thats a whole other thing.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-25-2008, 07:40 PM
I had one years ago with other fish i think they are a bit overrated as far as being killers.:wink: Probably more a case by case as per most fish some bad some good. Now Titan trigger thats a whole other thing.

Well you may have had the exception I think. I have heard of many that kill entire tanks once they get big and aggressive. As for this guy, two inches long, had him for two months and he has killed two damsels and destroyed a 6" puffers tail (that has not grown back yet :( ). He needs to be on his own.

The last one I had before this (5 years ago) killed a tang before I took him back to the store who told me he was a community fish ;)

It does depend on the individuals but Undulates, Queens, Titans and Clowns are amongst the most aggressive and should be kept solo for the most part. When they are younger they do fine but its almost inevitable that they will start getting very aggressive around the 7" mark.

My Niger Trigger is getting ridiculously aggressive at about 7-8" now too.

Keri
11-25-2008, 07:42 PM
pls delete - I'm taking my stupid joke out :lol:

Marlin65
11-25-2008, 07:45 PM
I must of had a retarded one then mine was 6" and chased my damsels but never killed anything. Other than all the inverts.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-25-2008, 07:57 PM
I must of had a retarded one then mine was 6" and chased my damsels but never killed anything. Other than all the inverts.

No you had the one I dream of! You had a very nice fish ;)

It does happen...they can be nice. Its just that this one is not and I do not want to be responsible for unleashing this little devil on someones beautiful fish. Its much more common for people who have had them long term to find they get very aggressive with age. Some like mine, start out really aggressive. Maybe he will calm down with age :D

I had my dogface puffer in the refugium for one day with him and the puffer has only half a tail left now. Im sure it will grow back though.

justinl
11-25-2008, 08:35 PM
the new yellow bellied dogface? :( poor guy. hope he recovers okay.

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-25-2008, 10:27 PM
the new yellow bellied dogface? :( poor guy. hope he recovers okay.

No the old one. He seems fine. It looks like his tail is slowly growing back in the places that the Undy ripped it apart.

I am still shocked that he attacked a fish that is easily 4 times the size of him.

tang daddy
11-25-2008, 11:21 PM
nice fish saw one at king ed's a couple months ago was wanting to get him so bad however am glad I didn't as he would have probally cost me alot with my angels, that he would attack.

reeferious
11-26-2008, 04:33 AM
pm'ed

GreenSpottedPuffer
11-26-2008, 04:39 AM
I have had about three offers now from people wanting to keep him in their sump. I am not interested. He is currently in a 75G viewable refugium...I am looking for a proper display tank for him, not another fuge or I may as well keep him in mine.

I just thought someone might be interested in setting up a nice species only FOWLR.