PDA

View Full Version : Moving small feather dusters

PFisher
05-05-2003, 02:44 PM
What is the best way to move the small feather dusters that come in on live rock. I want to move some from a refugium to the main tank.

Second question: Would the reason that I don't have many in the main tank be due to one of the following being a natural predator?

Six-line Wrasse
Sailfin Blennie
Osc. Clown
Blue leg hermit
Scarlet hermit
Turbo snail
Turban snail

sumpfinfishe
05-05-2003, 04:41 PM
Hi there, the only way I know to move these small worms is to remove the rock that they come in on. I would say that they are simply too small and delicate to be removed individually.

I think your six line would be the house cleaner in this case. Mine likes to eat any small worms he can get his hungry little mouth on, including spaghetti worms as well as small feather duster worms and crustaceans.
I wouldn't worry about the small dusters if I were you, your wrasse is just doing what's natural-feeding.

If however you have a refugium and plan to keep these dusters going, then I would suggest that you remove a colony of these worms and a piece of rock that there attached to- to your refugium, where you should be able to keep them reproducing.

Goodluck! Cheers, Rich :mrgreen:

PFisher
05-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the advice. I was suspicious of the wrasse, that is why he is at the top of the list.