PDA

View Full Version : Oops :)

Keri
11-24-2008, 03:47 AM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii254/Keri1980/Untitled-2.jpg

Seem to have found a bristleworm with my thumb!

I used electrical tape (after I had air-dried it) to remove the spines, I think I got 'em all.

fishytime
11-24-2008, 03:53 AM
Ouch! Did you have any reaction?

robert J
11-24-2008, 03:56 AM
I couldn't hold my giggle when I saw your finger

Trigger Man
11-24-2008, 04:00 AM
Guess I should be more careful when in the tank, cause I don't think I have bristleworms but as you found out you just never now.

marie
11-24-2008, 04:06 AM
Guess I should be more careful when in the tank, cause I don't think I have bristleworms but as you found out you just never now.

If you have live rock then you have bristle worms.
I thankfully don't have any reaction if I get bristles in my fingers because I've accidently picked up more then a few of them over the years :lol:

Keri
11-24-2008, 04:06 AM
Nope, no reaction...I just felt a velcro "zip" as I let go of the rock and I knew what it was lol... It's funny because I've touched bristleworms before and never had any spines embed (imbed? spelling??) I don't think Most BWs hurt you

Didn't even hurt but I was worried they would work their way in so I used the tape rather than mess around with tweezers...

and to the giggler: yeah, I laughed too ;)

Lance
11-24-2008, 04:14 AM
It probably hurts the bristle worm more than you.:wink:

Keri
11-24-2008, 04:21 AM
It probably hurts the bristle worm more than you.:wink:

I know and that's sad!!

superduperwesman
11-24-2008, 04:49 AM
ahah When I first got into the hobby a guy I know offered my $100 to put one on my tongue ... I didn't see what the big deal was I mean it just looks like a worm?? Lucky they filled me in :) I've had a few in the fingers since and every time I think back and am so thankful they stopped me ahah

untamed
11-24-2008, 06:13 AM
Ha...ha..I'm thinking that you are lucky that you can even see them. Everytime I get one stuck in my hand, it is so small I have to find it with my microscope in order to pull it out. Drives me crazy.

justinl
11-24-2008, 06:39 AM
lol niiiice. for the record, you can alleviate the sting with vinegar and/or ot water. You probably would have felt it more if it had stuck you in a more sensitive area like between the fingers or something.

btw that is a sweet pic. you should enter it in this months photo contest (macro themed) :)

superduperwesman
11-24-2008, 06:41 AM
lol niiiice. for the record, you can alleviate the sting with vinegar and/or ot water. You probably would have felt it more if it had stuck you in a more sensitive area like between the fingers or something.

btw that is a sweet pic. you should enter it in this months photo contest (macro themed) :)

yeah do it!

Keri
11-24-2008, 06:33 PM

aww, I can't... I allready entered....with a pic of a bristleworm!!! lol