View Full Version : a quick shot

smokinreefer
05-04-2003, 10:30 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/smokinreefer/fish.jpg
:mrgreen:

christyf5
05-04-2003, 10:51 PM
Wow Shao,

That looks awesome. I love the anthias. What kind are they? Lyretails? Hey just wondering about a few fish. The one above and to the right of the copperband (a wrasse maybe?), the blue fish above the yellow tang and the stripey fish way in the back above the blue fish. Man do I sound like I know what I'm talkin about or what? :razz:

Christy :)

smokinreefer
05-04-2003, 11:00 PM
hey christy,

the anthias are what i believe to be "stocky anthias" they arent as brillaint as some of the other anthias available, but they have a nice pink/peach/yellow color and sure do add alot to the tank.

the second is a fairy wrasse sp.

the blue fish is my sole surviving chromis. once i added the anthias he(???, i think it is a he, smaller of the 2 when they were a pair) took right to them. he's like one of the family.

lastly, is my favorite, my multibar angel, the same guy in my avatar.

christyf5
05-04-2003, 11:03 PM
so is the blue fish a blue chromis or just a green one appearing blue. I'm thinking about getting some blue ones but I've heard they are rather aggressive. Any experiences with that?

Christy :)

smokinreefer
05-04-2003, 11:58 PM
hes just your everyday chromis viridi, or somethin like that.

One_Divided
05-05-2003, 12:33 AM
looking great Shao! That growth is really filling in.

Jack
05-05-2003, 07:13 AM
Awesome tank Shao. Looks like the whole gang posed for the pic! :lol:

Van down by the river
05-12-2003, 09:26 AM
Maybe the picture was flipped? I don't see any wrasses on the right of the Copperband? To the left there is a Leopard wrasse,Macropharyngodon meleagris a beautiful fish!, I 've had one for 4 years now.

I'd agree with you on the Anthias, Pseudanthias hypselosoma they along with a few other species often come in as assorted Anthias or Pink Anthias. I think I've seen them come under a few other names too, but I can't remember. Again nice fish, I hope they all survive your emergency tank relocation.

I have a friend that would gladly babysit your red sea tang, but I don't think he would want to give it back!!!! :eek: -JK!!

smokinreefer
05-12-2003, 10:11 AM
hey van,
nope, if you look slightly above and to the right of the copperband you will see my fairy wrasse. it is the one with the purplish head with and the blue underside.

i have 2 ornates, and i just got them out of the tank now, i am so happy they are OK, they were the last ones to go, along with my goby and pistol shrimp.

after scooping out all the fish, less the above mentioned, i took a long break...came back and sifted through several hundred pounds of sand to find the wrasses, who dove into the sandbed at the beginning of this fiasco. and ofcourse the goby/shrimp were already somewhere in their burrows when this all started.

my red sea, i waited many a month before i found her.

Van down by the river
05-12-2003, 11:31 AM
That is so strange, I see it now but the picture was smaller when I looked at it before, maybe my browser resized it I don't know, or I think maybe I didn't scroll sideways. Anyways my goof sorry. :redface:

Skimmerking
05-12-2003, 04:34 PM
Hey t here SHOA what is the size of the tank.
curious saw the sailfin tang ad the yellow.

And no i'm not the Tang police :mrgreen:

smokinreefer
05-12-2003, 05:46 PM
was a 135, 6' x 2' wide and 1" high.

StirCrazy
05-12-2003, 06:06 PM
1" high.

:eek: was that a slip? or is that the new hight?

Steve

smokinreefer
05-12-2003, 06:34 PM
heh,
its the new trend, very shallow reef environment.
meant to be 18" high