PDA

View Full Version : Grrrr

Hairytank
11-21-2008, 06:35 AM
I looked in the tank tonight and what do I see?
My emerald crab sitting down next to my superman monti like he was a starving student at an all you can eat buffet! At first I thought he was just picking at a couple of recent receding spots recovering from the monti eating nudis...but nope... he was plucking the polyps off one by one. :evil:
Hmmm
Here is a photo of the beast.

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo81/jp_ryanAC/crab.jpg

Will attempt to reform him with some targeted feeding.

superduperwesman
11-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Will attempt to reform him with some targeted feeding.

ahah for whatever reason "reform" seems like and interesting word selection and leaves me wondering more about you ahah

fishytime
11-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Once an offender, always an offender. Chances are you will end up having to remove "Mr. Greenjeans".

o.c.d.
11-22-2008, 06:14 PM
It may have been going for food that was in the polyps. Indicating starvation. Have you tried to target feed the crab? Big misconception that animals like hermits don't need to be fed. Mostly wrong, if they are exibiting troublesome behaviour" ie fighting when plenty of realestate is available , attacking coral, snails ect... I would try too feed it... then banish at last resort

rocketlily
11-22-2008, 06:24 PM
I feed my Emerald Crab dried "Red Marine Algae". As soon as he sees it coming he latches on to it and seems to really like it. I do also believe that you have to feed them a little extra.