PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Clown fish???

inspector
11-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi All I am going to get a pair of clown fish and was wondering what everyone has ?I just got given a couple of Anemone's and want to get some clown fish so all or any comments would be welcome.
Thanks Paul

Marlin65
11-20-2008, 06:39 PM
You should get clown fish that host the nems that you have then.
I like my Darwins.

JDigital
11-20-2008, 06:47 PM
I am a personal fan of True Perculas and Gold Stripe Maroons.

What type of amenone did you get?

fishoholic
11-20-2008, 07:30 PM
Maroons are my fav.

Kostas
11-20-2008, 07:40 PM
tomato clown fish :mrgreen:

ElGuappo
11-20-2008, 07:45 PM
true perks here.

Pier Pressure
11-20-2008, 07:57 PM
I have a true perc and a false perc and love them both. Pretty colours though they do not seem to want to host in my BTAs.

DanG
11-20-2008, 08:02 PM
I absolutely love my maroon clown, but knowing what I know now about how aggressive they are, I would have gone with a black or tomato and not the maroon. That being said, when I first threw my anemone in the tank, it took all of about 5 minutes before the maroon was hosting.

Phanman
11-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Onyx and Picasso clown fish are my fav. Have true percs and blk/wht occs.

inspector
11-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi thanks for the replies.I am not sure of the type of anemone but here is a picture in another tank bottom right.I am heading to J& L tomorrow to see what they have for clowns.
Thanks again Paul

ponokareefer
11-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Those are bubble tip anemone's. My ORA Cinnamon Clowns just love mine! The Cinnamon Clowns are very aggressive to me though, attacking me whenever I put my hand in the tank. My personal favorite are false perc's.

mike31154
11-21-2008, 12:10 AM
BTAs are pretty much natural host nems for Maroons. He he, I'm partial to them since I have a pair. Female is getting more aggressive but so far everyone gets along for the most part. I can't imagine my tank without them.

dsaundry
11-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Gotta go with Gold striped Maroons myself...:biggrin:

Leah
11-21-2008, 01:40 AM
I had a tomato clown at one point the thing made jaws look like a pussy cat. It attacked
and killed what ever I put in the tank. Took it to the L.F.S and there it stayed for a long
time. I think that I have seen it in a tank in town though. Doesn't seem so nasty these
day's. Clowns are nasty, I do have a pair of false perculas and they live happily in my
reef tank.

alamo
11-21-2008, 02:09 AM
That anemone on the bottom right is a condylactis...they don't host clownfish. To have a better chance at hosting a clownfish, you would need a Bubble tip anemone, even then, it's not garanteed.

fdiddy
11-21-2008, 02:15 AM
Depends what else you have in the tank. With a pair of maroons you'll have way more aggression than if you were to have only one, especially if they spawned. I <3 the picasso's as well.. even though they are just a mutated true perc... i have a gold stripe maroon and he's boss hog in my tank.

Marlin65
11-21-2008, 03:39 AM
BTA's will also be hosted by Clark's and Tomato's as well as about eight others not as common.
Remember you have to make sure your anemone is at least three times the size of the fish you plan to pair with it.

Marlin65
11-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Depends what else you have in the tank. With a pair of maroons you'll have way more aggression than if you were to have only one, especially if they spawned. I <3 the picasso's as well.. even though they are just a mutated true perc... i have a gold stripe maroon and he's boss hog in my tank.

That would be She is boss of the tank if you have only one.:wink:

ElGuappo
11-21-2008, 04:24 AM
my perks host my torch and hairy mushies but not my BTA. :twised:

Marlin65
11-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Thats because you have the wrong match.:razz:
You need a Ritteri, Sebae, or carpet and even then it is never for sure.

untamed
11-21-2008, 05:56 AM
I also like my Gold Stripe Maroon pair the best. I must be lucky because my female isn't really aggressive. Sure..you had better not try to steal some eggs...but beyond that, nothing unusual.

EmilyB
11-21-2008, 06:30 AM
Favorite for looks? Favorite for social skill?

I loved my maroons. But they lived with fish that they couldn't beat down.

I've had tomatoes, black percs that would kill other fish.

My favorites for temperament, that take a BTA are saddlebacks.

vaporize
11-21-2008, 06:31 AM
I like my picasso and tequila sunrise best, follow by my Latzonatus. :)

But these days my GSM really shows some interesting personality, they are not afraid of me and just swim up to you whenever I put my face to the tank. It is also swimming so gracefully and full of confidence. Unlike most w.c. that are running away thinking you might hurt them .... yet want food from you; t.r. are crazy when they see you and just becomes totally crazy. These GSM is a good balance, graceful and confident personality, so that's my new love these days.

superduperwesman
11-21-2008, 06:48 AM
http://www.disegnigratis.biz/Clipart_Disney/Alla%20ricerca%20di%20Nemo/nemo_4.jpg

Matthew N
11-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Tomato are my favs

I love there personality

Chaloupa
11-21-2008, 04:28 PM
I have a pair of Gold Stripe Maroons with 7 anemones. They are very aggressive with me and the other fish but very nice to watch interact. I also have a trio of Picasso's, a pair of Naked or Sunrise, a pair of False perculas...gotta say that the GSM or the Naked/Sunrise are my favorites.

langdon reefer
11-21-2008, 05:18 PM
MY fav would still have to be my pair of fire clowns...lol

saltwaterseahorses
03-23-2009, 01:34 AM
hi all i am going to get a pair of clown fish and was wondering what everyone has ?i just got given a couple of anemone's and want to get some clown fish so all or any comments would be welcome.
Thanks paul
first of all they love atleast one anemone in the tank same with the damsels (but damsels are nasty little fish) and the black and orange are the best they breed quick and sell for a good reasonable price. I used to have 2 orange clown boy did they mate alot they had 2 batches of eggs the first they ate (which all fish do in the first batch of course) and then they layed some more and we gave the parents away and we stll have living/dead babies sense the parents dont care for them cause we sold them.

Thnxs for listening
saltwaterseahorses

my2rotties
03-23-2009, 04:29 AM
I love my big saddleback clown. He is so mellow and is not obsessed with his anemone all the time. He actually swims around and interacts. Nice looking fish and pleasant all around for me and his tankmates.

lorenz0
03-23-2009, 04:53 AM
tomato's or true perc's

my tomato is awesome. was one of the 2 fish i have had for close to a year and still no name lol

sunce_22
03-23-2009, 05:02 AM
I love my naked clownfish! Have had them for just over a year! They are so cute