PDA

View Full Version : Desperate plea for help!

Midknight
11-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Ok, I have a major problem with building stands… I Suck at it. :redface:

Now I am pretty good at designing them but getting them built is where I have a problem.

Now I am trying to put together a stand for my mom’s 75 G and she has been waiting a while (a very long while) Now she would like this be finished because my mom & dad 50th anniversary is December 20th.

Is there anybody out there with the time and skills to help me get this together?
It is a very basic stand and once it is up then I can do the finishing work myself but I need HELP!!!

Anybody? :biggrin:

Tom R
11-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi Dan

These are some pictures of the construction of my stand for my 125G.
This is a simple 2x4 construction screwed together with #8 3" screws.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/Tom_R/My%20125G/DSC00072.jpg

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/Tom_R/My%20125G/DSC00074.jpg

Be sure to overlap the joints.

Once assembled you can just pin tack the finished front onto the 2x4 frame.

Tom R

Midknight
11-20-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks Tom, I do have plans already and a bunch of wood cut it is just the assembly that I need the help with.:wink:

superduperwesman
11-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Step 1:
Make sure the cord is long enough to reach from the electrical outlet to the place where you plan to use the drill.

Step 2:
Use the chuck key that comes with the drill to open the chuck. Do this by pushing the nubbed end of the key into a hole along the chuck and twisting counterclockwise. The teeth on the chuck key should engage the ones on the drill.

Step 3:
Insert the a small drill bit into the chuck and tighten it with the chuck key, turning it clockwise this time. Be sure it's very snug.

Step 4:
Plug the drill in.

Step 5:
Press the trigger before you make contact with the work.

Step 6:
Slowly touch the tip of the bit to the work and apply steady but light pressure.

Step 7:
Maintain the pressure on the drill and the trigger until the hole is completed.

Step 8:
Keep the trigger depressed as you slowly back the bit out of the hole.

Step 9:
Place a square bit in the drill by doing step 3 in reverse before redoing it with the square bit.

Step 10:
Screw the pieces together... maybe add some glue??

ahah

iansfishy
11-20-2008, 09:52 PM
i could make you a steel stand in a day. have it powdercoated any colour that you want. just an idea

Marlin65
11-21-2008, 03:58 AM
Maybe you need to trade for something you are good at.:razz:

superduperwesman
11-21-2008, 05:08 AM
Maybe you need to trade for something you are good at.:razz:

ahahh ... ahaha sorry this is just funny for me :D

Ok my mind is back from the gutter... I apologize for my minor derailment

Midknight
11-21-2008, 06:08 PM
ahahh ... ahaha sorry this is just funny for me :D

Ok my mind is back from the gutter... I apologize for my minor derailment

I agree, I am trying to figure what I can offer that is not illegal or immoral. :lol:
Well I don't mind immoral so much...:twised:

Midknight
11-22-2008, 09:57 PM
Man do I want to throw some really big thanks out to 04scoobysti. He was over here for about an hour and turned a pile of limber into a usable stand for my mom. :biggrin:
She is really happy with it. Just need to slap a coat on paint on it and it will go from the DIY to Tank Journal in no time.:wink:

So once again. Thank you very much.:mrgreen: