PDA

View Full Version : Looking on ways to Dose.

Skimmerking
11-20-2008, 01:54 AM
Well I thought about the different ways in Dosing my tank. I'm currently running my Kalk Reactor now its bee nkeeping steady around.
ALK 8.8 DKH
CAl 370 PPM
And that is at a drip rate of 1 Drip every 4 Seconds. or a 1:4 ratio. I want to try the Dosing pump thingy but I thought about if I buy the Salts from Progressive Reefs and just manually pour the stuff in every day. at the required amount of elements that the tank uses per day.

Or get a dosing pump and do it that way a little more money up front

Proflux Dosing way
Old school way with the 2 part.
tank is looking to good and I don't want mess up my Tank.

PoonTang
11-20-2008, 02:00 AM
I use Kalk too, only not in a reactor. I mix it directly with my top up bucket. Then I Use RHF 2 part to bump the levels up if their down a little. You could just dose a small amount of 2 part daily to suppliment your Kalk.

Skimmerking
11-20-2008, 02:49 AM
the only thing that need to do is Dose CAL IMO to keep the CAl up around 420

trilinearmipmap
11-20-2008, 03:44 AM
When I ran a kalk reactor I had it hooked up in series with my Tunze Osmolator auto-topoff, it did the kalk dosing and topoff at the same time.

Skimmerking
11-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Well what I have is my Top pff running off the RO/Di and I have a kalk Reactor that is dripping every 4 sec for a drip.

wickedfrags
11-20-2008, 12:48 PM
I have used dosing pumps do dose, and would recommend sticking with the method you are using. They can be finicky long term, and replacing tubing is annoying and expensive.

Also, calcium reactors require no fiddling around at all if you buy the right one. I have adjusted mine at least 3 or 4 times in the last 5 years...they provide great stability for Ca and DKH.

Well I thought about the different ways in Dosing my tank. I'm currently running my Kalk Reactor now its bee nkeeping steady around.
ALK 8.8 DKH
CAl 370 PPM
And that is at a drip rate of 1 Drip every 4 Seconds. or a 1:4 ratio. I want to try the Dosing pump thingy but I thought about if I buy the Salts from Progressive Reefs and just manually pour the stuff in every day. at the required amount of elements that the tank uses per day.

Or get a dosing pump and do it that way a little more money up front

Proflux Dosing way
Old school way with the 2 part.
I don't want to go the CAL Reactor way to much fiddling around. my tank is looking to good and I don't want to have a alk Spike like the last time and loose all my SPS.

Doug
11-20-2008, 01:43 PM
I agree with wicked frags. You have a real good kalk reactor system going now, although I dont favour the steady drip. And use a 2-part with ingredients from Ben.

Skimmerking
11-20-2008, 01:50 PM
NANO REEF I CANT SPEAK.... ya i guess that is the route that i will go. keep the KALk reactor going I dont have that demand yet anyways and when the time comes I will figure it out. I have a few years yet thou. until I get out of this hobby and get a 20 gal:lol:.

TIME WILL TELL