PDA

View Full Version : Painting Inside of Hood

Chad
11-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi, what are you guys / gals, using to paint the inside of your hood? I want white of course, but I also need to seal it somehow from the odd splashes of water etc. I would prefer some sort of spray can application. I don't want to mess with brushing it on.

Thanks for any help you have!

Parker
11-20-2008, 02:35 PM
A lot of people seem to use Kilz, I believe you can get it in a spray can but I'm not sure how readily available it is.

Quinster
11-20-2008, 02:43 PM
Varathane liquid plastic matte white with a sponge roller on mine...3 - 4 coats, and silicone on all seams for good measure.

brizzo
11-20-2008, 04:12 PM
A lot of people seem to use Kilz, I believe you can get it in a spray can but I'm not sure how readily available it is.

Should be easy to find in spray can, only down side is they're an "up shot" can. ie; for spraying ceilings and such

Chad
11-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Should be easy to find in spray can, only down side is they're an "up shot" can. ie; for spraying ceilings and such

I took a look. Home Depot has both the upshot and the regular type spray can.

I did a search on reef central, a few people recommended the appliance epoxy spray. Anyone try that?

Also, anyone know if the Kilz, do you need to paint the ceiling? I had a water leak from my RODI that left a water stain, would like to use this kilz but not interested in painting the whole ceiling.