PDA

View Full Version : Ph

fiorano
11-18-2008, 05:27 AM
so my PH probe is now saying that my Ph is suddenly 8.8. and im pretty sure thats bad but i dont know what caused it because i did 3 different things that could affect it at once lol. first i was messing with my aquacontroller and i accidently reset it i dont know if that would un calibrate it or something . But as soon as it started back up it said the PH was 8.6 then started to climb over the next few days. but in this month i also changed salt brands and started dosing C-balance do you think those could of affected my PH that much or do i jsut have to recalibrate my probe? and what happens if your PH is this high?

untamed
11-18-2008, 05:35 AM
You need to establish if the probe is reading correctly or not. Yes, 8.8 would be unusually high. My guess...you need to calibrate the probe.

fiorano
11-18-2008, 05:43 AM
does that mean i have to buy more of that high-low calibration solution stuff or is there some diy way someone knows?

tank
11-18-2008, 08:22 PM
does that mean i have to buy more of that high-low calibration solution stuff or is there some diy way someone knows?
you need to buy PH 7 and 10 buffer to recalibrate your probe. and there is no DIY for it, every time you do a reset on your controller you need to recalibrate your probe
because after the reset, all settings return to the original manufacture settings.

fiorano
11-19-2008, 06:59 AM
i was checking the recalibrate after and it said i need a low of 4 and a high of 7 to calibrate it i thought but it looked like you coould change the ph for calibration. w/e ill just go for 7 and 10. do i have to buy these from the manufacturer or can i pick it up at the lfs? thx for the help fellas :)

tank
11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Just buy it from LFS it will do the job.