PDA

View Full Version : Any vendors selling the Solaris I-5 LED lighting system?

Oxymoron
11-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Hi there, I was looking for vendor's for the LED lighting system and am hoping to purchase a set in the near future.

truperc
11-16-2008, 02:51 PM
I believe that J&L is selling that lighting system. www.jlaquatics.com

Not cheap though!

Let us know how it works.

The Codfather
11-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Does anyone run this lighting system? I have only heard bad things about them.

mark
11-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Does anyone run this lighting system? I have only heard bad things about them.

from the PFO website (http://www.solarisled.com/), the I series has been redesigned and now built in the States

Rumika
11-16-2008, 11:40 PM
We have the I-4 series and we are very happy with it. We had concerns about the depth of our tank but everything is thriving on the bottom. I am growing SPS and they are doing fine so I don't have any complaints. We had a few issues but the service was excellent they looked after us.

Oxymoron
11-17-2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the replies all.
Dana Riddle's analysis of the original G series of the light showed some interesting results.
Solaris claims that they're new I-5 series produces 30% more light then when the original analysis was made. They are also now manufacturing the product entirely in the states rather than China.
I have done alot of research on this system and have heard some instances of LED's burning out. From all of the review's the company has replaced these burn't out lights quickly and curtiously and appear to be great to deal with.
From hearing owner's opinions of these lights I have heard nothing but " I love these lights ".
I do realize that the cost is up there but I am very intrigued with the controller as well as not having to replace lights on a regular basis. (Aside from any malfunctioning lights.)
Thanks again for any info and reviews other members may have.
Oxy

Oxymoron
11-17-2008, 12:28 AM
We have the I-4 series and we are very happy with it. We had concerns about the depth of our tank but everything is thriving on the bottom. I am growing SPS and they are doing fine so I don't have any complaints. We had a few issues but the service was excellent they looked after us.

May I ask the depth of your tank?