PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Stacking LR

Trigs
11-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Hey guys just wondering your thoughts on stacking live rock, i have always done the traditional stack and hope it doesnt fall. What would be the best way to go? let me hear some feedback! :D

seanoman
11-14-2008, 08:29 PM
PVC structure makes for better stability and you can create some really neat formations and arch ways. It takes longer to setup, but is woth it in the long, imo, because you dont have to worry about it collapsing and falling over.

Trigs
11-14-2008, 08:31 PM
how would the pvc be stable? would it just fill with water? and go under the sand?

Trigs
11-14-2008, 08:32 PM
and what size pvc?

inspector
11-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Hi go to PVC pipe/rock structures in this forum same sort of question and a few replies with pictures.http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46141

Trigs
11-14-2008, 09:01 PM
thanks for the link, but it didnt answer what im looking for. I know how i would make 1 but im wonder what size pvc is good andhow to do it

mark
11-14-2008, 10:04 PM
I've just stacking mine (expect for one piece zipped typed to the CL inlet) and in all the years, has never fallen.

One advantage of not been fixed is I've a coral (http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46182) that's been growing too close to the glass for the mag-cleaner, just able to lift the whole rock it's attached to over.

JDigital
11-14-2008, 10:31 PM
My aquascaping was done completely by sturdy stacking... I only used a bit of constructors putty for one piece for added security.

Trigs
11-14-2008, 10:31 PM
My aquascaping was done completely by sturdy stacking... I only used a pic of constructors putty for one piece for added security.

yah i have done this also i think im going to stick with it

tang daddy
11-14-2008, 11:25 PM
you can also try acrilic rods you can find them at industrial plastics in richmond, tools you will need is a drill, hammer, cutter and acrylic rod. Just drill rocks and then stick the acrylic rods in the holes, if you go with a slighty smaller size drill bit then the acrylic rod will jam in and never fall out.

Trigs
11-14-2008, 11:26 PM
you can also try acrilic rods you can find them at industrial plastics in richmond, tools you will need is a drill, hammer, cutter and acrylic rod. Just drill rocks and then stick the acrylic rods in the holes, if you go with a slighty smaller size drill bit then the acrylic rod will jam in and never fall out.

jeez chris you just know all the tricks eh! ahha
yah for sure, i set up my rock already in my tank but i think im gonna go get some acrylic tomorrow and do it up! how thick of acrylic should i geT?