PDA

View Full Version : Playing with a light meter

kwirky
11-14-2008, 12:34 AM
So I got myself an apogee PPFD meter the other day and I've found some interesting stuff so far...

Like for there are some of my corals that get 50% more light than others yet only 3" away. Also proximity to the glass can make a difference. There's about 50% more light next to the glass because of the reflected light. Cool stuff so far :)

Anyone in the Calgary area who wants me to test their lights I'm willing to come if compensation matches the time taken for the trip. Like pop or munchies when I arrive ;)

Lance
11-14-2008, 02:27 AM
I can see how that would be very interesting. You can now place certain corals where you never expected them to get enough light, and move others that you thought were in a good location. Cool. How many bottles of pop to come to Powell River?:biggrin:

MikeP
11-14-2008, 04:20 AM
I'd like to take you up on that Sean. I'm replacing my reflectors soon and would love to know the before and after.

JDigital
11-14-2008, 12:43 PM
So I got myself an apogee PPFD meter the other day and I've found some interesting stuff so far...

Like for there are some of my corals that get 50% more light than others yet only 3" away. Also proximity to the glass can make a difference. There's about 50% more light next to the glass because of the reflected light. Cool stuff so far :)

Anyone in the Calgary area who wants me to test their lights I'm willing to come if compensation matches the time taken for the trip. Like pop or munchies when I arrive ;)

I'll trade photo's for Light readings..:mrgreen: