PDA

View Full Version : GSP Closed UP

plutoniumJoe
11-13-2008, 02:21 AM
I have a GSP that I put in the tank about a week ago. It opened up after a day and looked like long flowing hair(kind of like I used to have). I did a water change earlier yesterday and ever since it has been closed. Is it tool early to worry?

don.ald
11-13-2008, 02:26 AM
my experience is that coral has a mind of its own and yeh mine close for days at a time. IMO nothing to worry about.

xtreme
11-13-2008, 02:31 AM
I wouldn't worry, mine closes up for a couple days every now and again. How are your other corals doing?

fishytime
11-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Mine, at times, have closed for weeks. I would think "uh-oh" and then it would open up and spread like wildfire. Unless it starts melting, dont worry about it to much.

Trigger Man
11-13-2008, 02:42 AM
ya that coral always worries people when it does not open back up. It can take a while for the GSP to get used to the tank.

plutoniumJoe
11-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Other corals are well, at present I only have 4 53Watt T5s for a 75 Gallon tank but every thing seems OK. I also put in a green digi a week or so ago and so far so good.

plutoniumJoe
11-13-2008, 02:51 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I keep telling my wife that the aquarium is supposed to lower my stress.

Trigger Man
11-13-2008, 02:53 AM
from the picture you sent it looks fine. Your lighting is fine, as I have a t5 4 bulb unit and have all types of coral including GSP growing in my tank.

Trigger Man
11-13-2008, 02:54 AM
Thanks for all the replies, I keep telling my wife that the aquarium is supposed to lower my stress.

ya right, I say the same thing, but there is always something in there to increase the stress. If it's not the coral then it's the fish, if not that then something else.

Carmen
11-13-2008, 03:12 AM
ya right, I say the same thing, but there is always something in there to increase the stress. If it's not the coral then it's the fish, if not that then something else.

DITTO!!!:lol::lol:

PoonTang
11-13-2008, 03:22 AM
I had a gsp do the same thing too after about 6 months in my tank. Never did open back up and just slowly shrank away to nothing. everything else in the tank was just fine. Go figure? Also had pulsing zenia do the same thing. Heard both of these corals are like weeds and grow like crazy, you can never get rid of them. Brown thumb i guess lol

Trigger Man
11-13-2008, 05:12 AM
I had a gsp do the same thing too after about 6 months in my tank. Never did open back up and just slowly shrank away to nothing. everything else in the tank was just fine. Go figure? Also had pulsing zenia do the same thing. Heard both of these corals are like weeds and grow like crazy, you can never get rid of them. Brown thumb i guess lol

It might have been your mag. My Zenias were doing the same thing but then I changed salts with more mag (after being told to try this by one of my lfs) and now I am always trimming back the Zenias. (Of course assuming your ph is above 8.1)