PDA

View Full Version : Feeding my goby

likwid
11-12-2008, 09:29 PM
hey guys,

I have a firefish, clownfish, and randalls goby living peacefully in my tank. I just got the Randalls goby a week ago, and at feeding time, he just hovers around the bottom of the tank never going up higher than 2 inches. Meanwhile, my clown and firefish are at the surface of the tank gobbling up all the food. I am afraid my goby will starve. I have tried putting mysis in a turkey baster and basting the food down near him, but the other 2 fish are pigs and grab swim down to grab all the food. Are there any ways you recommend feeding a goby who refuses to swim up to get food?

Marlin65
11-12-2008, 10:43 PM
I have more or less the same fish with the same problem.
Try feeding more and really driving the food down to the bottom of the tank.
That worked for me after they get more settled they will come up, but in my tank they still only come up half way.

likwid
11-13-2008, 12:03 AM
I have more or less the same fish with the same problem.
Try feeding more and really driving the food down to the bottom of the tank.
That worked for me after they get more settled they will come up, but in my tank they still only come up half way.

Ya it is strange. He will sit around on the ground all day, but as soon as he senses that I am feeding he will hover around the bottom of the tank with his big fin straight up. I feel bad for the little guy. I wish he would come up half way like yours, it would be a lot easier.

spreerider
11-13-2008, 12:25 AM
i had to target feed my gobie with a turkey baster in order to get him enough food.

Karen Marlin
11-13-2008, 04:40 AM
I find that if I feed pellets and make sure some pass by his head...the goby will eat...also likes flakes...mysis not so much. Hope this helps. Karen