PDA

View Full Version : Uhhh Ohhhh!

Hairytank
11-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Well I was checking out the tank this morning and it appears one of my two legged clones (children) have been busy vigorously cleaning the glass.
They have chipped away silicone seal form one of the corners... $#*&$@#$#*$!!!

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/oo81/jp_ryanAC/sili-cone.jpg

Is this as critical as I seem to think it is? I have never had a leak, but it seems since there is only approx 2-3 mm of silicone left, this is not "ideal".
Should I be panicing as much as my gut is telling me to?

fishoholic
11-09-2008, 05:13 PM
I had an old tank with the seal chipped away worse then that and it never leaked. I would keep and eye on it but I wouldn't panic.

LeeR
11-09-2008, 05:27 PM
the corner bead is really only for looks

04scoobysti
11-09-2008, 05:58 PM
the corner bead is really only for looks

+1

baker_jeff
11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
My tank looks like that all over and worse, and it was running when I bought it, and doesn't leak at all. I'm not terribly worried.

Red Coral Aquariums
11-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Well I was checking out the tank this morning and it appears one of my two legged clones (children) have been busy vigorously cleaning the glass.
Should I be panicing as much as my gut is telling me to?

On your size of tank I would not worry as you still have a layer of silicone present.

There is an inconsistency though (your clones help clean your tank WOW)
(and they got to your tank in the morning before you did) LOL

You should be fine just monitor closely and place your work crew on other projects.

Kevin

hillbillyreefer
11-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I wish mine looked that good. The silicone on my 33 has looked worse than that for at least 10 years.

Trigger Man
11-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Ya with a tank that size you should not have any problems. I've had tanks with more silicon damage and had no problems. If worried just keep a eye on it.

Hairytank
11-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, the clones clean the glass with the magnet cleaner, but I think that is the limit of their cleaing ability..as the rest of the house piles up with their "stuff".:lol: