PDA

View Full Version : Green brain problems

cwickham
11-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Hey
so my green brain was totally fine yesterday, really green and opened up soo wide that it looked thin... so good. but tonight i got home and the lights were off, and the brain was shriveled soooo tiny... and no tenticles out which is not normal, they are usually always out when its dark. i touched it cause usually that makes the tenticles come out and it was pretty rock hard. Its still really green and all my water parameters test normal... all fish and other corals are normal.

any one ever experience this? is it normal behavior.. i have had it for about a month and it had been doing great..

any input would be great

thanks
craig wickham

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Could be that one of your fish bothered it or a hermit took a walk over it. They close up when bothered or nipped. Brain corals, for some reason, are irresistable to almost any fish that nips corals.

Anthony

cwickham
11-09-2008, 07:46 AM
i just added 2 new chalk bass.. mabye its them.. the only other fish i have is a tiny goby who seems to keep to himself. it could definatly be a hermit. I also added a peppermint shrimp, would that bother the GB?

thanks