PDA

View Full Version : LF : Seahare Calgary

balistidae
11-08-2008, 08:37 PM
anyone have one or seen one at any of the shops?

karazy
11-08-2008, 08:49 PM
i'll PM where i think i saw one

fishytime
11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
We have some at Red Coral. Can be purchased with our rent a hare program. Buy one ...let it do its job and then bring it back to us for a store credit for half of what you paid. This way the sea hare shoulnt starve out in your system(which they often do).

Hairytank
11-09-2008, 03:20 PM
If you do get one, be careful if you have powerheads in the tank. Seahares love to get sucked up into them...even the larger seahares. I even had a fine (mm gaps) intake screen on one and a 5" seahare managed to stuff its head into it...
just a couple of $0.01..

balistidae
11-09-2008, 04:55 PM
as far as the powerhead issue goes i have two koralias. These should be safe right?

Carmen
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Do they get stuck in them even if placed up high in the tank??:neutral:

Hairytank
11-09-2008, 08:59 PM
I have only had them get stuck in the powerheads not Korelias, but can't say a determined seahare won't get inside. My previous seahare would actually clean the outside of my Korelia without getting stuck, but the powerhead just sucked it in. I think it has to do with the fact that powerheads are sucking through such a small intake, whereas the Korelias suck in from all sides of it.

As for powerheads being high up on the walls, the seahares go pretty much everywhere, so they will go there eventually..