PDA

View Full Version : hey everyone

mrs. dabandit
11-08-2008, 07:35 PM
I am new here and just started my very first tank hehe it's an fowlr, if anyone has any pointers on niger triggers or on just fowlr that would be appreciated. Thank You:lol:

Lance
11-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Welcome. Depending on your livestock list, it might be a good idea to introduce a niger trigger last as they can sometimes be aggressive with other fishes. Try to create a lot of hiding places in your rock work for any timid fish. Also, he may make a meal out of any shrimp, crabs, etc. I've never owned one but have done some research on them as I want to get one myself.

Keri
11-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Hi and welcome! :)

Trigger Man
11-08-2008, 09:28 PM
When stocking a fowlr tank start by introducing the more timid species first and allowing them to settle in, then move on to the more agressive ones. As you will find though your experiences with different fish, what is typical of a certain fish is not always what you will get, in my case I seem to find that fish I get that are supposed to work well in a community tend to be the biggest bullys in my tank.

mrs. dabandit
11-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Thank you for your advice, when i get my tank going good enough i will post pics to show you what i have done.

And yes trigger's are such a nice fish there color is amazing totaly different then how they look in the store, i do recomend on getting one!

Leah
11-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Just wandering what size tank did you have? I would say get some books to read it really
helps to have an idea of how many fish you may want to put in. And some idea's on how
to stock it. The trigger fish has a pretty big appetite from what I hear. I had a niger trigger and kept him in a tank alone. But finally gave him away.

mrs. dabandit
11-13-2008, 05:57 PM
I have a 33gl tank, and yes he loves to eat that's almost all he does.lol
thanx

fishoholic
11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
I have a 33gl tank, and yes he loves to eat that's almost all he does.lol
thanx

A 33g tank is way to small for a trigger :sad: Trigger's should not be kept in anything smaller then at the very least a 90g. I hope you plan on upgrading soon or plan on selling the trigger when he gets larger. I had a trigger in a 60g and he went crazy (relentlessly attacking all the other fish) in such a small tank, I ended up selling him after 2 weeks to someone who had a 180g. I still miss that trigger, but he was much better off in a 180g. It's very hard to give up a fish because you don't have the proper size space for it. Please research tank sizes better when looking into buying certain types of fish.

mrs. dabandit
11-13-2008, 09:49 PM
lol yes don't worry I do plan on getting a bigger tank . Just have to wait for the husband to get a bigger tank, then I get his lol.
Thanx

fishoholic
11-13-2008, 10:09 PM
lol yes don't worry I do plan on getting a bigger tank . Just have to wait for the husband to get a bigger tank, then I get his lol.
Thanx

That's a relief, sorry for giving you a hard time. I just remember how sad it made me to watch the nigger trigger I had be miserable in the small tank I put him in.

Leah
11-14-2008, 12:46 AM
I think I missed the boat on this one, I thought you were just thinking of setting up a
tank I didn't think you had it going at this point. How did you cycle the tank, how long
has it been running? Just curious is the trigger is your first fish?

mrs. dabandit
11-14-2008, 08:11 AM
that's ok i do plan on upgrading lol. I've wanted one of them since my husband first showed me one. lol but Thanx:biggrin :biggrin:

mrs. dabandit
11-14-2008, 07:56 PM
I cycled my tank in under a week using my live rock and 50% of the water from my husbands tank. he's been keeping fish for over ten years and he's been giuding me through the process, I was just trying to gain some knowledge of my own and figuerd this site was a good way to do it.

dabandit
11-17-2008, 07:11 PM
awww lol