PDA

View Full Version : Zeovit and LPS

christyf5
11-08-2008, 04:02 AM
So I'm into my 7th week of zeovit, some of my LPS aren't faring as well as I'd hoped while others are doing fine (albeit one is a bit cranky). The unhappy ones are smaller frags. Is there anything from the zeovit line I can use to help them out? I've never been all that successful with the target feeding. Two are an acan frags, the other a blastomussa. I suppose they've been languishing awhile but haven't gotten any better.

On the flip side, is there anything else (ie. non-zeovit) I could be trying??

Currently using the basic 4 plus amino acids, coral snow, pohls xtra (been using for the last 3 weeks) and sponge power.

Jason McK
11-08-2008, 04:23 AM
There is an Amino Acid designed for LPS

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/zv-aacid250/ZEOvit+Amino+Acid+Concentrate+LPS+-+250ml.html

I would think blastos might get cranky in a nutrient poor system. I never had any success with then even before Zeo

globaldesigns
11-08-2008, 05:01 AM
You should also use ZeoFood7, ZeoBak and Coral Vitalizer

All the above work very well...

I use the following:
- Zeovit Reactor
- ZeoFood7
- ZeoBak
- Coral Vitalizer
- Kaliumiodid-Fluor Concentrate
- Amino Acid Concentrate
- Jod Komplex Concentrate
- Sylo-Pocci Glow (just started this one a week ago)
- ZeoStart2
- Coral Snow
- ZeoSpur2

Chaloupa
11-08-2008, 05:07 AM
I use the Zeovit LPS product, Coral Vitalizer and some Coral Snow...I have acans in the tank I use these in. One Acan was fairing very poorly in my SPS tank, and actually died off quite a bit as did a Japanese Micro I have....moved them to my frag tank, been dosing with the above and they both have grown and are getting tissue regrowth. I am really happy with the progress.

OceanicCorals-Ian-
11-08-2008, 06:19 PM
there is an amino acid designed for lps

http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/zv-aacid250/zeovit+amino+acid+concentrate+lps+-+250ml.html

i would think blastos might get cranky in a nutrient poor system. I never had any success with then even before zeo

(edit)
+1 on the Zeo LPS aminos. Blastos will live in a zeo system.