PDA

View Full Version : New Camera, but Old dummy operating it.

dsaundry
11-07-2008, 04:31 AM
Ok, So when I was in Vegas my wife lost my Kodak 720 camera..oh well stuff happens, so I went over to the huge freakin mall by the Trump Hotel and bought a new camera. It is a Lumix by Panasonic DMG-FZ18.18x optical zoom, supposed to have all the bells and whistles for a basic digital camera. So heres my problem, I can take regular pictures with it but cannot seem to figure out how to take macro shots..It has buttons for it but I will be darned if I can figure it out..Is there anybody who can explain how it works, or suggest a good camera shop, preferably in the Fraser Valley that could help me learn how to use this thing...:question:

Keri
11-07-2008, 05:51 AM
Does it have a button that looks like a flower? Usually looks something like this
http://static.flickr.com/11/96990454_23d4e93860_m.jpg
making sure that it's set to macro (the flower) try to get close to the subject but not too close. Try semi-depressing the shutter button to see if it brings it into focus for you. if it keeps going from blurry to more blurry and back again you're probably too close, back off a few more inches and try again. some things are just plain TOO small to get right up close too but you can always take a wider shot and crop it up later. a STEADY hand helps a lot, using a tripod is best. I don't have the camera you have but that might help you.

dsaundry
11-07-2008, 03:54 PM
I see the flower button..I will try that, but I think I am going to try to find a camera store that can show me how to really get the most out of this camera...I will play with it some more this weekend....Any suggestions on a camera store or somebody in the valley that can show me..Why cant camera's have pistons and wheels...I can figure them out no problem...:lol:

Marlin65
11-07-2008, 04:02 PM
You could buy a good book Chapters has lots.