PDA

View Full Version : Fish compatibility/combination question

trilinearmipmap
11-05-2008, 08:54 PM
I'm looking to get a six-line wrasse and possibly an anemone crab.

Tank #1 is 120 gallon mixed reef which has a Yellow Tang, Hippo Tang, 2 Maroon Clowns in RBTA's, one Ocellaris clown, and a Royal Gramma.

Tank #2 is a 30 gallon reef with RBTA, 2 ocellaris clowns in the RBTA, a few other small corals and a Lawnmower blenny.

I'd like to put the 6-line in tank #1 but I'm afraid he will attack the Royal Gramma. There are lots of hiding places in the tank, the Royal Gramma hangs out at one end.

I'd like to put the anemone crab in tank #2, right now it is hosting in an RBTA in the local fish store, I'm not sure if the Ocellaris clowns will share their RBTA with him. Also if I put the 6-line in the same tank as an anemone crab am I correct to assume he would kill the crab?

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Chowder
11-05-2008, 09:03 PM
http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm

noirsphynx
11-05-2008, 10:38 PM
I have a 6 line in my 90g which also houses a kole tang, bi-color blenny, dartfish, ocellaris clown, sunburst anthias, 2 yellow clown gobies & a cleaner shrimp. Everyone is very harmonious and I've had zero problems with the wrasse. Everyone is so peaceful I've even witnessed the 6 line cleaning my anthias =) BUT I used to have a yellow belly damsel housed in there and I ended up re-homing it because the 6 line bullied it. He also used to be housed with a porcelain crab (not the one you have) and never touched it but then again the crab was always in hiding.

trilinearmipmap
11-06-2008, 04:14 AM
Thanks for the replies.

mark
11-06-2008, 04:52 AM
Have a 6 line along with a Purple and Regal Tang, Foxface couple of damsels, 3 clowns and 3 chromis and never seen any signs of aggression toward the other fish.

Now not blaming the wrasse but considering the other fish, I can't seem to keep cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp or emerald crabs. All just seem to disappear after a while.

Leah
11-09-2008, 12:02 PM
I think I could cry!
I have added a Angel and my four line wrasse is harrasing the crap out of him any one got a line and hook. Might be allright if your adding at the end. Hey I can't seem to post either unless I highjack somebody's. Oh and just kinding kinda, but if he does any serious harm to my new baby its Sushimi for dinner. I think Iam having heart failure... help on either or both greatly appprrecciatted.
________
GSX series (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_GSX_series)

trilinearmipmap
11-09-2008, 03:25 PM
OK I added my six-line wrasse 2 days ago, he isn't bothering the cleaner shrimp or any of the fish, he is not eating yet though, not sure why.

Marlin65
11-09-2008, 03:37 PM
They can be hard to get to eat but ones eating are hardy.

Leah
11-11-2008, 01:29 PM
2 Thing's...Looking for a loving home for my magnificent foxface. He was only supposed to be 3 inches. He was to go into my 72 bow. Ha Ha the poor thing can't even turn around aparently he grew in transport, oh a couple of inches I'd say. He risides in penticton. So if anybody is willing to cone get him p.m. HELP! He is potty trained and he
seems sweet. 2nd thing I can't seem to post, help needed here tooo. Okay, maybe I am
just missing how I do it. My computor whizz kid is not home.
________
VL1500/T (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Suzuki_VL1500/T)