PDA

View Full Version : blasto and acan frag advice

fishguy007
11-05-2008, 06:01 PM
anyone got any advice on how to make acans and blastos grow more rapidly?

can they be fragged like mushrooms by cutting them into fours in the center.

Der_Iron_Chef
11-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Feed them regularly and they will grow faster. Don't cut them.

justinl
11-05-2008, 06:25 PM
feed once every two days with mysis or cyclopeeze. when they are frag-able the acan is super easy. dunno about blasto but I imagine it shouldn't be much different. Acan frags are ideally at least two heads (full polyps), but honestly they can be smaller. I recently accidently ripped off a half an inch frag that had barely any mouth on it and it's already growing... very hardy coral the acan is. but still, 2 head frag is ideal imo.

justinl
11-05-2008, 06:26 PM
feed once every two days with mysis or cyclopeeze. acan usually reacts when I feed the fish and extends tentacles... that's when I feed. no point in feeding if they're closed.

when they are big enough to frag, the acan is super easy. dunno about blasto but I imagine it shouldn't be much different. Acan frags are ideally at least two heads (full polyps), but honestly they can be smaller. I recently accidently ripped off a half an inch frag that had barely any mouth on it and it's already growing... very hardy coral the acan is. but still, 2 head frag is ideal imo.