PDA

View Full Version : lifereef overflow or CPR overflow ?

Michael
04-28-2003, 12:40 PM
Any one have experience with both?
Each company markets theirs as the best (no kidding).

I have an old 72 gallon tank that no glass company will drill...so I am looking at overflow options.

Anyone using a different make of overflow?

Thanks.

Michael

Canadian Man
04-28-2003, 02:25 PM
I made one myself out of acrylic. The cpr ones are bad and I know a few people that have had their tank overflow because of this crappy overflow.

The lifereef one is much better and this is the one that I kinda coppied for the one I made.

Go with the lifereef, or marineland tidepool overflow is another good one.

Tau2301
05-01-2003, 03:06 AM
I made one from two tupperware like containers, one bulk head, two U-tubes, and part of a 500ml water bottle.

Dresden
05-01-2003, 11:52 AM
I have the CPR, had to seal around the bottom of the bulkhead to keep it from leaking, but perfect in that regard now.

Just need to find a way to get the nipple to pull the air out now. Maxijet 1200 doesn't work well.

smokinreefer
05-01-2003, 05:25 PM
well, i just put my cpr back into use, but only because i have it already, and i can't sell it in good conscience. its given me many a headache before.

i personally wouldnt recommend it to anyone, just because of the potential problems it can cause,>>>overflow, by breaking of the siphon, which is easier to do with this design than others.

with that said, Dresden, i have heard a MJ1200 will be fine if you use the add on venturi kit.

i cannot recommend any other overflow, cuz i havent used any other ones.

anyone have an overflow for sale?? ~500gph range?? :lol: