PDA

View Full Version : Ack! Help! Pump needed ASAP

Delphinus
11-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Ok, Murphy's Law has hit me hard this morning. I heard a strange noise, found it was my sump pump .. just turned it off, the noise went away. Turned it back on .. and .... nothing. Seized. Couldn't get it going again.

Ok, pulled out my spare Mak4/GenX pump, swapped it out. Would you beleive it. It's seized too after a few years of nonuse. :(

Ok, getting a little worried. Used a spare Mag drive and would you believe it IT HAS FAILED TOO.

.. So .. Lucky thing I have the original impeller for my Sedra for the skimmer pump. I have things jury rigged for the time being but it's Mickey Mouse in the worst way until I can find a replacement pump.

Does anyone have a Little Giant 3 or 4, or Mak 4 I can buy or borrow in a hurry here? Ideally it would be one of those pumps so that I wouldn't have to redo plumbing, but any external will do as long as it has 1" threaded inputs and outputs, or maybe 3/4".

Der_Iron_Chef
11-03-2008, 05:58 PM
Tony, I have a Little Giant 3-MDQX-SC that you can borrow if you want. I purchased it used and have never used it (duh), so....I'm assuming it works. Let me know.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll167/andrewjespersen/Image006.jpg

Der_Iron_Chef
11-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Oh yeah...it has 1" threaded input/output.

Phanman
11-03-2008, 07:27 PM
I got a genx external pump that im not using right now. If you want i can bring that along when i return your hole saw tomorrow.

believe its 3/4 threading

Delphinus
11-04-2008, 04:00 AM
thanks to all that offered - Drew's LG3 is a perfect fit and is running, so I don't need to borrow a pump now (thanks Drew!) .. I do need to find me a pump though to purchase, so if anyone has a Mak4 or a LG3 to sell please let me know! THanks!

Der_Iron_Chef
11-04-2008, 05:27 AM
Hey, umm...want to just buy that one off me? :)