PDA

View Full Version : can you use nitros oxide tanks for co2

spikehs
04-28-2003, 03:51 AM
I have a buddy that can get me a good deal on nitros oxide tanks (he works at a car performance store) would i be able to use this for c02 or are co2 tanks different from nitros tanks, anyone know?

StirCrazy
04-28-2003, 03:53 AM
depends on the neck threads.. if they are the same size as CO2 then they should be rated the same.. all you would have to do is get a CO2 valve and thread it in. but do check to see the ratings and such first.. and also make sure it hasn't been coated inside..

the Cylinder should be hydrostaticly tested for over 3000psi

Steve

spikehs
04-28-2003, 03:59 AM
thanks for the reply... where/how do i "hydrostaticly test" it? at a refill shop? would this info be available on the bottle? would it also say if its been coated on the inside? You shoulda seen the reaction when I asked him about the NOS tanks, they couldn't get over how i was hooking up nitros to my tank mwhaha a turbo charged reef :mrgreen: !
Thanks.

Sean

StirCrazy
04-28-2003, 04:06 AM
it should be tested and certified to a specific pressure.. ask your buddy what the max pressure is.

Steve

monza
04-29-2003, 06:02 AM
I don't know if you should use that tank or not but, I sure get a kick out of how people freak out about the NOS decal on my CO2 tank.

Fast Fish!

dave