PDA

View Full Version : more questions

tgoeujon
11-03-2008, 03:00 AM
how long can sps corals safely be out of the water. ive given up on the sea hare doing its job so im gonna try to scrub as much hair algae off as i can

Trigger Man
11-03-2008, 03:04 AM
As I was shown when I was picking up frags at Coral Master, some sps are exposed above water for hours during low tide. I have had SPS out for atleast 10 minutes with no ill effects. I just pour some water on it if it is drying out.

marie
11-03-2008, 03:31 AM
I had a piece of a frag fall into my kitchen sink and was overlooked for over 4 hrs. I discovered it after I doused it with cold leftover coffee.

After quick rinse in tank water and then placed back into the tank it was as good as new

Aquattro
11-03-2008, 04:25 AM
Anytime I move, I empty my tank and carry it with all corals, rocks, etc, in place. They've been out of water over an hour without issue.

tlo
11-03-2008, 04:29 AM
I would scrub the HA off in a bucket of tank water, then rinse in tank water, then put it back. That way, there is minimal time outside of water.

tgoeujon
11-03-2008, 04:38 AM
well i took it out and did the best scrubbing i could. put it back in and realized that i missed lots, got most though. ill give the sea hair and lettuce nudibranch a chance to earn their keep for a few days. for those who know. how long did it take for your sps to extend polyps again after being exposed

Aquattro
11-03-2008, 04:47 AM
Some within minutes, some take longer.

Aquattro
11-03-2008, 04:48 AM
Oh, and keep in mind, even if you scrub it all off, as long as there are nutrients, it will come back. You might want to get the source of the algae, not worry too much about the algae itself.

tgoeujon
11-03-2008, 04:51 AM
its probably the l/s ive been doin water changes once a week and its not spreading anymore just kinda holding steady