PDA

View Full Version : Another clam story with a FW dip

Canadian Man
04-28-2003, 02:24 AM
Well I did some reading and my big derasa clam had a very bad pinched mantle and my 2 gold maxxima's had a little bit of it as well.

I took some ro/di water and made it the same temp as the tank(80F)
I placed the 3 clams in the fw for 15 minutes and then put them back in the tank.
About 15min later they were opening again. about 4 hours later the Derasa is allready looking better. It's still not fully expanded but we will see what tommorow brings.

:mrgreen:

cheers

EmilyB
04-28-2003, 02:33 AM
Do you think someone is nipping at the mantles........ :neutral:

MitchM
04-28-2003, 02:38 AM
Wouldn't it be better to dip them in tap water? The PH change from saltwater to RO water would be a pretty big shock, wouldn't it?
If I remember right, RO water has a PH of between 6 and 7.
:confused:

Mitch

StirCrazy
04-28-2003, 03:47 AM
Wouldn't it be better to dip them in tap water? The PH change from saltwater to RO water would be a pretty big shock, wouldn't it?
If I remember right, RO water has a PH of between 6 and 7.
:confused:

Mitch

I would thing that there is to much of a chance for desolved nasties in tap water.. ie copper ect.. better to be safe in my opinion.. for what it was worth I used RO/DI water for my dip.

Steve

Canadian Man
04-28-2003, 04:06 AM
Do you think someone is nipping at the mantles........ :neutral:

No, No one likes the clam. It seems to be a fairly common thing with clam's latley.

Mitch I was going on the clam expert's advice from RC, Reefs. org.
Ming..........forgot last name

EmilyB
04-28-2003, 04:13 AM
Lately ??? Like with who lately? Like another clam disease thing? :eek:

I'd be happy to buy back my derasa Jon, I moved out the Kole, and the Chevron doesn't bother my ugly hippo-po at all !

Canadian Man
04-28-2003, 04:52 AM
:razz: No way!

Yea one of those parasite, type things. There is a few post's(not more than a page worth) on RC and some links went to R.ORG.
It's supposed to be a fairly easy thing to fix and your supposed to do it to all the clams in the tank or it will show up again.

Mr. Dersa looks much better now.

titus
04-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Hello,

I suppose the SARS for clams.

Titus

Canadian Man
04-28-2003, 04:57 PM
Hello,

I suppose the SARS for clams.

Titus :lol:
You bet! Everyone better watch out! Start panicking!
Evacuate! Evacuate! :eek:

stephane
04-29-2003, 02:20 AM
:lol: