PDA

View Full Version : Hate when that happens...

Aquattro
10-31-2008, 03:02 PM
Anyone recall my concern that if I siphoned out too much sand, all my rock work would collapse??
sigh........

AJ_77
10-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Aw, crap. How much rock we talking about?

Aquattro
10-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Aw, crap. How much rock we talking about?

Not too much, but I'm off today, having coffee waiting for the lights to come on, and then its WTF?? Where are those corals? Oh right, the rock they're on is gone. If you saw the pic I posted the other day, the entire left tower collapsed. Can't say I didn't expect it though...

On a good note, I have lots of digitata frags now :)

Guess I'm getting wet this morning...

Aquattro
10-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Guess I should make sure nobody got pinned in the slide...

Aquattro
10-31-2008, 03:41 PM
Everyone avoided getting squashed, got lots of green purple dig frags, and found 2 wild acro colonies growing on the back side of a rock. And a blue mushroom. Off to the LFS to find a larger rock for the back centre.
Happy Friday!! :)

vancityfella
10-31-2008, 04:00 PM
To bad your in vic I've got red and blue digi frags for trade.also sorry to here about your luck

Aquattro
10-31-2008, 04:13 PM
sorry to here about your luck

Unfortunately it wasn't luck, it was laziness. I knew this was gonna happen, and was praying to the reef gods it wouldn't. I am lucky it happened now with frags instead of mature colonies.

Leah
10-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey!
I always wondered if that could happen, just chalked it up to my total paranoia.
Sorry about your bad luck! But at least we learn a lesson here,lol. Just what ya wanna
hear, eh!
________
vaporgenie vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/vapor-genie)

Canadian
10-31-2008, 08:50 PM
What prompted you to siphon out the sand Brad?

If you've got some green digi frags, I have cash in hand - let me know.

And this is what happens when we listen to our wives in the first place ;)

superduperwesman
10-31-2008, 08:57 PM
Everyone avoided getting squashed, got lots of green purple dig frags, and found 2 wild acro colonies growing on the back side of a rock. And a blue mushroom. Off to the LFS to find a larger rock for the back centre.
Happy Friday!! :)

and Happy Halloween:eating:

StirCrazy
10-31-2008, 09:38 PM
Not too much, but I'm off today, having coffee waiting for the lights to come on, and then its WTF??

and you didn't call me for coffee????

Steve

Aquattro
10-31-2008, 10:04 PM
What prompted you to siphon out the sand Brad?

If you've got some green digi frags, I have cash in hand - let me know.

And this is what happens when we listen to our wives in the first place ;)

Well, the sand looked dirty, and when I removed a little, the water was black. I removed most of it and my skimmer stopped pulling 2 cups of tar every day. I now know where all this gunk came from. This is with 2 tangs, 2 small clowns and a wrasse.

If you want some digi, no problem. I'll take a trade credit for down the road :)

Aquattro
10-31-2008, 10:05 PM
and you didn't call me for coffee????

Steve

No, I had herding lessons for the little guy today. Maybe tomorrow.