PDA

View Full Version : WTB- anything for a new set up

superg3
10-30-2008, 04:01 PM
I have a JBJ 28 gal coming in two weeks, and I'm looking for anything to help set it up. Coral, rock, fish, etc...... Thanks in advance.

Ripwoop
10-30-2008, 04:21 PM
JMO but i would hold off on corals and most fish until your tank has cycled. 1-2 very hard fish to help cycle is okay but nothing fancy or you will be wasting your money :) If it where me i would through in sand rock and a chromis to get started and wait till it's cycled then slowly add from there. JMO though.

superg3
10-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Sweet good to know this kind of stuff. There's no newer newb than me at this point.

MikeP
10-30-2008, 05:37 PM
Get some live rock and just put that in the tank until it cycles. Then do lots of reading and research. Welcome to Canreef!

Ripwoop
10-30-2008, 05:42 PM
lol everyone was there at one time or another..... If i could change stuff i did when i started it would be plan WAY more then do..How deep of a sand bed to how much rock should be in there ( all at once is way better than slowly adding). All depends on what you want to keep in your tank though. Just do research on everything !! before you jump in and get things going it can save you time and money down the road. :)

Rob